Chp.9

I was surprised when my vision was black. I was confused at first but then I realized my eyes were squezzed shut. I opened one eye looking down at the ground down FAR below. I took a deep breath and  opened both eyes. To my left I noticed that Izzy,Carla,Bryn, and Maggie all had their legs up and were holding there knees. I guess they were doing that so the guys wont see us. I mimiked them bringing my knees up to my chest. That lasted for about two seconds, I didnt feel safe that way so I went back to my old position with my legs dangling and basically hugging the tree.

   I tried to block out all life right now so I would'nt be as scared as I am, but it's pretty hard when theres five obnoixous boys awaiting below you, I listened to what I could hear of their conversation. Shawn was the only ones whose loud voice I heard clearly.

"Who was the one who came up with boys vs. girls anyways? These teams are kill, we lose everytime."

"I told you we shouldve had...." I couldnt figure out what the rest of the sentence was let alone who said it.

   The boys stood for five minutes now just arguing about what seemed anything and everything. The girls tried there best to hold in their laughs, I would be in the same place as them, laughing my butt off if I wasnt frozen. It was interesting to watch them, at first glance it seems like they are all bickering but if you look closely that isnt the case. Jeremy and Cam, Carlas brother, just are standing off to the side, exchanging amused looks to each other every now and then. It's weird that Jere is being one of the mature ones.

   Shawn brought into the conversation something about some dog and that it wasnt his fault he stole it...I dont even want to no. Okay who am I kidding I would love to hear that story, that is if I wasnt in this situation. 

   Apparently one of the girls (Bryn I think) couldnt contain her laughter and let out a loud giggle. It was short but loud enough to make the guys stop and look up.

   The thought didnt even come to mind that they would see my feet, or my arms which were currently wrapped around the tree. Shawn made it pretty clear they saw us. I heard a voice down below.

"Hey guys." Shawn pointed upwards right at me.

   Billy and Charlie nodded there head, a devilish smile was plastered on their faces. I heard an 'uh oh' from somewhere next to me. Billy, Charlie, and Shawn all slowly bent down and fumbled around in the leaves with their hands. What the heck were they doing? In unison they all lifted back up to their normal position, but they had something in their hands. I didnt know what it was until Shawn thrusted his arm straight towards me. It was so fast I didnt see it I heard it. It made a weird noise when it hit one of the branches right below me. Jeremy smiled along with them watching their movements, then bending down himself to pick up one of the mysterious objects.

"They see you Darcy." Carla said. Thanks captain obvious.

"Yea I can tell, what is it that they are throwing?"

"Rocks." This time Maggie answered.

   ROCKS? They are throwing rocks? What kind of people play a game that involves rocks, climbing a sixty foot tall tree, and bring you to some "base" in a not so elegant way? Not any people I know thats for sure, well up until now. 

   Jeremy laughed at his failed attempt to make a rock reach and hit me. At least Cam was just standing there, I guess hes on my side then.

   I would not let Jeremy take part in this. I dont want him making a habit at throwing rocks at people insisting that I would most likely be the most popular target.

   A rock whizzed right passed my head. It was so fast and close that I could actually feel the wind from it. Who knows what kind of mark that would have left if it hit me in the face? This was ending now.

"TIME OUT! TIME OUT, TIME OUT , TIME OUT!" My throat is going to be sore after this.

   I gained up the courge to turn my body around and start my decent down the tree. Nobody said a word so I wasnt sure how seriously anyone was taking what I just said. I just really dont want to play this "game". Its a little to much violence then I would prefer, thank you very much. I could feel everyones eyes on my as a jumped off the last branch, easily landing on the ground. I didnt make eye contact with anyone until I was completly steadied on the ground. I lifted my head up to face Shawn, who is definetly taller compared to the veiw up there.

"I think Jeremy and I are going to go now."

   Jeremy tried to protest but I gave him an "I will hurt you in your sleep if you dont do what I say" look. He kept his mouth shut.

"C'mon scared of a little rock?" Does this boy really want to go down this path again? Because I'm seriously not in the mood.

"ITS A ROCK! DO YOU KNOW HOW BADLY THAT COULD HAVE HURT? I COULD HAVE DIED!"

   Alright I'll admit I was being a little more then a bit dramatic, but hey thats the only way I will get Shawn to listen. He just laughed like he knew all the answers to the world, and ran a hand through his golden hair. Come to think of it Shawn isnt that half bad looking. If he didnt have such a horrible personality he would be a real catch. Hes actually pretty fit. Wait...what am I thinking?! Keep in mind the task at hand!

"You wouldnt have died, ive gotten hit with one of these plenty of times, and look at me I'm perfectly fine." He smirked as he balanced a large rock in his hand.

"Yea hence the lack of brain cells, now it all adds up." 

   I ignored any come back he had and grabbed hold of Jeremys arm. I started dragging him far away from these woods as we could get. 

   I did feel bad though, these people are actually really fun. I can see myself becoming good friends with all of them but one. We had only gotten about ten feet away, since Jeremy was like a weight. No one had said anything so I filled the space.

"We will see you when your done playing this "game"." I also turned my head and gave a reasurring smile. I didnt stop walking though.

Cam's POV

   Everyones eyes watched as Darcy dragged her brother along, getting farther away with every step. As usaul Shawn was the first to open up his mouth.

"Jez she is so hot."

   The rest of the guys agreed immediatly. This girl is really diffrent, I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks if your reading this :) Please vote, and comment what you thought of the chapter. I tried to make it longer this time because it annoys me when they are only one page. I just honestly dont have the patience to write a lot....I hope you liked it!!

-Jess