Chp.5

Carla pushed me into her room. I stumbled on my way in, Carla laughed.

“My brother is totally going to be in love with you.”

I raised an eyebrow. How was I supposed to respond to something like that? I only knew her brothers name, and he barley knew mine. I hope her brother isn’t some girl crazy freak. 

“What makes you say that?”

Carla looked around the room, searching or her answer. 

“Well how do I put this in a simple way? Lets just say that my brother is… that guy.” Carla peered at me to see if I was following. I wasn’t, not really. “Cam is the guy that all the girls want, so he has a lot to choose from.”

“Choose from…?” I asked.

“Girl wise. Girls at North Valley are pretty desperate. There aren’t that many cute guys. Hence why girls would like my brother, have you seen him? He’s disgusting.” 

First of all that doesn’t answer my question. Second of all, I wouldn’t consider Carla’a brother to be disgusting. In fact I can see why girls would be all over him, desperate or not.

“Yea so get to the point. What does any of that have to do with him supposedly falling in love with me.”

Carla rummages through her drawers, her back facing me. I wait patiently for her answer. How long does it take a girl to pick an outfit? I turned around, giving Carla privacy. Carla seemed easy going enough, she wouldn’t mind if I explored her room a bit.

Carla’s room was simple, to say the least. A bed, desk, and a dresser. The color scheme was all a white, cream color. Besides her bed which was a pretty light blue. Her room didn’t exactly match her outspoken personality, but it wasn’t horrible. It was simple, something I would like. Which was the exact reason I was surprised Carla had a room like this. I walked over by her desk. It was covered in books, papers. The only thing on it that enticed me were all the photos displayed on her desk. Photos of Carla, photos of boys, photos of Carla and boys. Only one of the photos were framed. A light blue frame outlined a picture of Carla, Bryn, Cam, and two other boys who’s names I couldn’t place. I picked up the picture frame, admiring it. They were standing on a dock. In the picture everyone was dressed in bathing suits, and in the background there was a lake. They were swimming in a lake! That seems so much fun! Hopefully someday I can go there with them. 

Carla appeared next me.

“So what were you saying before?”

Carla leaned up against the other side of here desk. I put down the picture frame, I hope she doesn’t think it was weird I was looking at it.

“I just asked how any of the things you said, would make your brother like me.”

“Oh right. Well I told you all that stuff about girls liking Cam, because almost every girl that has every liked Cam has tried to get him to like them. That includes trying to look prettier around him, trying to act cool, just being fake. Cam hates fake. I’m pretty good with people, and from the looks of you…you barley even know what fake is, let alone be able to be fake. I think Cam will like you because it’s a change from the other girls, he likes different.”

I thought about it for a moment. Carla had a point. I know I’m not fake, I don’t know how to be anybody other than myself, but is that really a reason for her brother to like me? Just because I’m not a person who acts like they’re something they’re not? 

“Let’s go and get Bryn, we can fill you in more on the people at North Valley.” Carla said with a smirk.

She’s already over the topic, so that means I should be over it to. I take things to seriously sometimes, and then I over think them on top of it.