Chp.10

Jeremy and I emerged from the shawdows of the woods, which were now a place I wouldnt be going back to anytime soon thats for sure. Jeremy had been silent as I dragged him along behing me, holding his wrist like he was a lost little boy. I assume he decided to speak up when we were about twenty feet from our house, to avoide commotion once we were inside. Jeremy stood his ground, my hand was still latched on his wrist which made me have to stop and turn around to face him.

"So seriously whats your deal?" He cocked his head to the side.

"My deal is that I would really rather us not indulge ourselves in a game like that. What if I got hit in the face? What would Mom and Dad have said? They would have second thoughts about this place, and I actually like it here so far."

"If you like it here so much then why couldnt you have just played along for once rather then everything having to go exactly the way you want it?"

   I didnt have anything else to say. Im sure deep down I know that I do prefer to have everything go my way but then again who doesnt? Everyone wants things to go their way and sometimes it does, other times not so much. Jeremy is right though and as we look at eachother now I know he knows I know perfectly well that what he says is true. Sometimes I dont know how to handle things if ive never been in that situation before or I dont like something. If I dont like something I.Dont.Like.It. I would do anything I dont want to do and in my opinon thats how everyone should be. Jeremy just goes along with anything unless its something I want to do. Jeremy took his hand back, I didnt protest. He took a few strides ahead of me. I couldnt let him have the last word.

"I'll try." I said. Jeremy turned around. I think he knew what I meant but I spoke further otherwise.

"I'll try and go along with things, and be more open minded. Its just its diffrent here and I..."

   I was cut off by the soind of our screen door opening, Dad walked out followed by Mom. They were both beaming with giant smiles. I guess they caught up on things.

"What were you kids talking about?" Mom asked. "It seemed pretty intense."

   I didnt look at Jeremy even though I could feel his lingering stare waiting to see what I would say. I though of the simplest, quickest example i could come up with.

"We were all just playing this game, and I was really bad at i,t and I was just telling Jeremy that I'll try harder at it next time."

   Before concern started to over power their simling faces but once I cleared it up all you could see was white teeth.

"Thats my girl," Dad said, "Always such a good sport."

   He came over and engulfed me in a bone crushing hug. I watched as not to far in front of me Mom rested her hand on Jeremys head, ruffling his hair. She was oblivous to the grim face he was wearing becuase she was to involved in the Father Daughter bonding going on over here. Dad let go of me and put a strong hand on my shoulder.

"Lets go inside so you kids can see your rooms."

   Jere and I just went along inside with them, I think we both might be in a bad mood for awhile.

Cam's POV

  When Darcy and Jeremy had disappeared out of the trees we all just shrugged off what happened and went along with Darcys choice to go home. I have to admit it was a stupid game to play. It had been fun until I turned ten. I just go along with it for now, until I go away to college, far away. Im tired of it here. Yea I love my Mom and Carla but...I know my place isnt here its somewhere else. I just have to wait a little while before I can find that somewhere else.

   I walked along beside Charlie, hands in my pockets. He was usaully the quietest one, besides me. I barely even listened to the conversation they were having. The parts I did hear though I knew were about Darcy. They found her outburst funny. I mean I guess to some extent it was funny, but she got really mad about it. I honestly couldnt even tell if she was being fully serious or not. 

   Once we stood not to far off from Darcys house someone spoke my name, I didnt hear it, what they said at first but I realized after a second what they said.

"Alright Cam go knock on their door." Carla said completly serious.

"Why the heck should I go? I dont even know them much."

   Even though Carla seemed serious everyone else was snickering.

"Cam just go it makes the most sense for you to go and see if they are alright."

"Carla, you know them better then I do..." Carla cut me off.

"Okay would you rather me send Shawn?"

   I took a glance at Shawn who seemed happy enough to go get a glance at Darcys house, espescially her bedroom. I got defensive all of a sudden.

"No ill go, ill go."

   I took a deep breath and walked up her door step. Be prepared for some awkwardness, I told myself.

Carlas POV

"See I told you he'd do it." I said matter of factly as Cam knocked on Darcys door, no one argued.

"Your hoping to get them together arent you? Darcy and Cam?" Izzy whispered.

   I didnt say anything. Just smiled.

Ta da!!! There is chapter 10!! I really thank you if your reading this! Please vote, comment, and fan me if you arent already one. If you have any ideas or anything to say please, please, PLEASE, leave a comment!!!! Thanks again for reading!!!

-Jess