Chp.17

"How was your day at school Darcy?"

"Good."

   I walked into my room, throwing my things onto the bed. I paused for a second in the middle of the room because I realized something. This is like the fourth time I was entering my bedroom. In the end it will be plenty more then four times, it will be the most I ever walked into any of my bedrooms!

"Darcy can you come here for a second?"

   My mom's voice came from the kitchen where I could hear the sink running, making her voice sound fuzzy.

"One second!"

   I needed to get out of this uniform. At first I liked the idea of uniforms, everyone would be wearing the same thing! Yea most people hate uniforms because you cant show your own originality, but not me. I never stay in one place long enough to get a good idea on the type of clothes the people in that particular area wear. Some places everyone wears jeans, others not. At least for me today I didnt stand out more then I already did being the new girl. It's just that today for some reason I had enough of seeing people dressed exactly like me.

   I traded my uniform for a pair of high waisted shorts (which were in style in my last school...) and a flowy top. My new outfit might go with Shawn's plan well actually...speaking of Shawns's plan, I have to tell Jeremy about it!

    My feet made a funny sound as I padded into the kitchen, making me giggle to myself. I stopped dead in my tracks when I reached Jeremy and my mother. Mom was obviously just scolding him, because he was laughing. For some reason when Jeremy gets in trouble he laughs, although I cant ever seem to find whats so funny. It took me a second to notice it but Jeremy had a bruise that spread in a ring around his eye.

"How did you get a black eye?" I asked in disbelief.

   Jeremy looked between my Mother and I, as if waiting for mom to tell me herself.

"Your brother got in a fight on the first day of school."

"I did not! It wasnt even a fight. I just made a kid mad, and as it turns out her had some anger management problems..."

"Jere! What did you say to the kid?" Jeremy hesitated.

"He wouldnt tell me his name..."

"And...?"

"So I told him I'd call him skinny."

"So you gave him a nick name? Whats so wrong with that?"

   Jeremy looked at mom again waiting for her to explain further.

"Go on." Mom said sternly. Jeremy sighed.

"Well, you see this kid was...abnormally...fat"

   It took me a second to process, but after a second I burst out laughing. Mom and Jeremy were stunned, after a little while Jeremy started chuckling to. Mom gave me a look so I calmed myself down.

"I was hoping to use you to help me decide Jeremy's punishment, but from what I can see you will be of no help." I roled my eyes.

"Look, technically he was just trying to be nice by asking this kid his name," I cut myself off now directing what I was saying to Jeremy. "Wait did you even find out this kids name was in the end?"

"Uhh no..." Jere said rather quickly.

"Oh anyways, Jeremy was kind of giving the kid a compliment. If Jeremy knew the kid had anger problems then Jeremy probably wouldnt have asked his name in the first place. If Jeremy does deserve any punishment, he already got it." I pointed to Jeremys eye.

   My mother roled her eyes, and went back to the kitchen to finish whatever it was she was doing in the sink. I looked at Jeremy, then dragged him outside.

   The screen door slammed shut, as we went down the steps.

"We are going to do something crazy tonight." I told Jeremy.

   Jeremy gave me a devilish smile and cocked his head.

"You, are going to do something crazy? So you mean we will be staying up ten minutes after bed time?"

   I scrunched my face up and glared at him. Ugh, he gets me so mad sometimes! I took a deep breath in and kept going on.

"NO! We dont even have a bedtime, I just prefer going to sleep before ten thirty...Anyways, as I was saying. Shawn has an idea to--"

"Wait Shawn? The guy you like hated from the last I saw?"

"Can you not interupt me?"

"Sorry go on I just hadnt realized you guys have gotten so close today..."

"WE HAVENT GOTTEN CLOSER," I calmed myself down ," im putting past things behind me okay? I just want to get along with everyone here."

   I waited for Jeremy to interupt me, so when he didnt I kept going on.

"Shawn is going to sneak us into one of the biggest senior parties of the year!"

This chapter was kind of short...since well, im tired and dont want to keep going. Anyways thank you so much if you are reading this! Hopefully if you think the story is kind of slow check back soon because it should be getting better :) Please vote, comment, and follow if you arent already!!

xoxo Jess