Chapter 5

Joe's POV

I heard the bedroom door slam shut as I walked into the house. Maybe I shouldn't have done what I just did out there. I closed the front door and looked at Roshien who was now standing just outside Connor's bedroom, looking down at me. 

"What have you done now?" She asked. 

"What makes you think it was me?" I retaliated. 

"Mia runs up the stairs, crying her eyes out, and you think you're the innocent one in all of this? You must be thick," she said before walking over to the closed bedroom door and going into the room. 

This is not happening to me right now. I can't seem to do anything right!

Normal POV

"Mia, please get up." Roshien begged. "You can't do this to yourself. He's just a stupid guy." 

"See the funny about this, is that he's trying to pin it all on me," I said, drying my eyes before I stood up off the floor. 

"Why? You weren't the one who cheated on him," She said. 

"He thinks I cheated on him when I was in New York," I said as I sat down on the bed. 

"But you didn't. I should know because I was with you almost every day you were away. We spent all our free time either shopping or having a laugh with..." She started before the bedroom door opened. 

I looked at the doorway and saw Joe standing there looking at me. 

"Roshien, I'd like to speak to Mia alone." He said, his eyes never leaving mine. 

I looked at Roshien and nodded. She walked over to the door and looked at Joe. 

"How many lives have you got?" She asked him. 

"What are you talking about?" 

"She's took you back god knows how many times, so I can only think that you must be a cat. They have so many lives and apparently, so do you." She said before walking out the room. 

I laughed lightly as Joe closed the door and looked at me. I stopped laughing and looked at him. He walked over to me and kneeled down in front of me. 

"Don't try and say you're sorry because you've said it so many times, I'm starting to think that's not true." I said before he could speak. 

"Mia, I am sorry though. I shouldn't have said those things when I don't mean any of it." He began to cry. "Baby, please forgive me." 

He lay his head on my lap and rested his hands on either side of my thighs, silently crying away. I placed my hand on the back of his head and gently ran my hand through his hair. 

"I don't-I don't think..." I stuttered. 

The bedroom door opened and Roshien came in holding the house phone. I looked up at her. 

"Mia, I think you may want to take this phone call." She had a worried look plastered over her face as she spoke. 

I held my hand out for the phone and she walked over with it. 

"Hello?" I answered. "Yes but may I ask, how you were able to get this num...are you having a laugh with me?" 

I looked down at Joe who still had his head lying on my lap. I stopped moving my hand that was in his hair and took the phone away from my ear and gave it back to Roshien. 

"Can you go and get Connor out his room and take him downstairs?" I said to her, my eyes never leaving Joe's head. 

"Sure," she said before she walked out the room and closed the door over. 

The room went silent and I took a deep breath. "Is there something else you'd like to tell me?" 

He raised his head and looked up at me. "I don't..." 

"Liar!" I shouted and pushed him away from me. I got up off the bed and looked down at him on the floor. "You are such a bad liar right now." 

He got up off the floor and walked over to me. "What are you-" 

I raised my hand and slapped him across the face as hard as I could. "How many other girls have you gotten pregnant other than me?"