Chapter 64

1 MONTH LATER

Normal POV

"Joe, where did I put my car keys?" I shout from the bedroom.

"You gave them to Lisa cause you won't need them anymore," Joe replies.

"So I did!" I sigh, picking up my carry-on and walking out the bedroom. I stand by the doors and take one last look around the room before turning round and walking towards the stairs.

I walk down the stairs and give my carry-on to the driver that was standing by the front door.

"Connor, leave it." I hear Matthew say.

I turn round and look at Connor who was trying to reach the picture that was hanging up on the wall. I look at the picture and smile as it was a picture of him from the first time that Joe had walked out onto the pitch with him.

"You'd think that because I'm tall, I'd be able to reach it! Not the answer right now..." He groans, reaching up as high as he could for it.

"So, the little short man wants to be taller now?" Austin says from behind me.

I turn round and look at him with a smile on my face.

"I'm not that short!" Connor shouts.

"Austin, go and help him."

He walks past me and hoes over to Connor, "Move little man."

"I'm not little! I'm only an inch smaller than you!" Connor states.

"Yeah but that's funny how your dad is my height and he can reach this no problem," Austin tells him as he takes the picture down.

"Oh, who cares! Dad's getting old so he's shrinking."

"Hey! I don't think so," Joe defends, coming out the kitchen with Emery in his arms.

"Happy now? You got the picture," Matthew sighs as Austin walks back over to me.

"Very. I'm gonna keep this so I can say that I was the first Hart child to walk out with dad onto the football pitch." Connor smiles as he walks out the house looking down at the poster sized picture in the frame.

"Big deal! I was the first Hart girl to walk out onto the pitch with him," Odette scoffs, following him out the house.

"Oh, so I'm only second best to Connor? Brilliant!" Matthew huffs as he passes by me.

I laugh at them before taking Emery from Joe.

"Poor Emery never even got a chance to walk out with me," Joe sighs, watching the three oldest children fight over who's sitting where. "I'll see you out there."

I nod and watch Joe walk over to the children.

"Will you miss it?" Austin asks me.

"Of course I will. We all will but I have to think about my children's safety at the end of the day," I tell him.

"I'm gonna miss you," Austin smiles, giving me a hug.

"Gonna miss you too."

"Mrs. Hart, every thing's all set to go." The driver says to me.

"Thank you," I smile at him.

I bend down and picked my bag up and took one final look round the house before walking out and locking the door. Austin takes my hand as we walk towards the car. I hand Emery back over to Joe so he can put her in the car. I turn back to Austin and hug him again. I pull away and put the house keys in his hand.

"Give these to Lisa and tell her that it's hers or Tina's if any of them want it." I tell him before getting into the car.

I clos the car door over as Austin bend down and look at my through the opened window.

"You know, all these years later and here I thought you would've patched things up with Anna."

"There's nothing to patch up. What's done is done and there's no going back now."

"Fair enough. Take care of yourselves out there and I'll speak to you soon," he finishes, standing up.

"Will do. Bye Austin."

The car starts to move and I wave out the window at him before I feel Joe's hand in mine. I turn to him and smile.

I stand on the tarmac of the runway leading up to the private jet as security put our stuff on the jet.

"Mia, it's time to go." Joe says.

I turn round and looked at the top of the steps. I nod before walking up the steps to the jet. Stopping at the top, I take one last look round the area. My eyes stop at a family that were getting off a private jet not that far from us.

I look at the woman that had long brown hair. She stops what she's doing and turns to look at me. Anna. She smiles and waves at me. I wave back at her before walking completely into the jet.

I walk over and sit down next to Joe. He takes my hand in his and I rest my head on his shoulder. Today was defiantly going to be the new start we all need.

The end