Chapter 58

It felt like I had been sitting in Emery's room with her in my arms, for hours but it wasn't. I stand up from the chair I was sitting on and walk towards the room door. I open it and walk out to the hall and look over the balcony.

"Dada," Emery says, pointing down to Joe who was still lying on the ground, unmoving.

I put my hand on the side of her head and pull her face to lay on my chest as I walk down the stairs slowly, my eyes never leaving Joe's lifeless body.

As I reach the bottom, I back away from the mess that was on the floor. I stop when I feel my back hit something solid and turn round.

"What the hell happened?" Austin aska, looking down a little at me.

"Ca-Callum pushed him over the balcony," I stutter.

"Did you call and ambulance?" He asks running over to check on Joe.

"No," I reply, not looking round.

"Mia, you need to call an ambulan - oh, I'll do it then!" He shouts. "Hi, I need..."

"I can't do any of this," I mutter before walking out the front door.

"Look just send one ASAP! Mia, get back here!" Austin shouts after me.

I ignor him and walk over to the garages. I open one of them up and look at Joe's white Audi before walking over to the lockable cupboard and take out the keys to the Audi. I walk back over to the car and put Emery in the passenger seat before getting into the drivers side and starting the car.

I drive out the garage and look at Austin standing by the door shaking his head at me as I drive away.

It had been two hours since I left the house and had just stopped to get some rest.

I pull into a garage that had very little lighting and decid to full the car up with more fuel. As I stand filling the car up, I look at the men that were standing over by another car looking at me. I take no notice of them and continue to fill the car.

Once I was done, I take a sleeping Emery out the car and lock it before going into pay for the fuel. I pay for it and buy some snacks for when Emery wakes up. I walk back out to the car and put Emery back in the passenger seat.

As I walk back round to the drivers side, the men start shouting stuff at me but I can't be bothered to deal with them.

"Little too fancy for going on a journey," one of them shout at me as I get in.

I shake my head and close the car door over. I start the engine and drive away to the exit to go back onto the motorway.

I wasn't back on the road for more than an hour before my phone began to vibrate. I reach over for it and look at the screen:

'Lisa Calling'

I chuck it on the back seats and continue to drive along the motorway. I look over at Emery as she sleeps soundly in the passenger seat and reach over to the back seat, pulling my jacket over to put it over her. I brush her hair away from her face and continue to drive.

5 and a half HOURS LATER

I'd been driving straight now for about 7 maybe 8 hours and I was about half a mile away from the destination I was heading to. I know it's not good but I had to do it.

I slow down and wait at the iron gates that were closed leading up to our destination. As the gates open, I slowly begin to drive up the driveway towards the house that was up ahead. I stop the car outside the front door and the door opens. I get out the car and walk round to get Emery out the passenger side.

"Please tell me you stopped more than once for a break," my mum asks me.

"No, I didn't. Now leave me and my daughter alone. We're only here to get the jet to take us away to LA," I tell her as I walk into the house.

"Amelia, you have to stop more than once on a long journey." My mum says, following me through the house.

"What did I tell you? Leave me alone!" I snap.

I look down at her with anger on my face before turning back round and walking out to the back garden.

"You can't just let her leave. Do something!" I hear my mum say to someone.

I shake my head and continue to walk towards the jet.

"Where to, Miss. Halliwell?" The pilot asks me.

"LA," I answer as I walk up the steps and into the jet.

"Amelia, not so fast." My dad says. I stop and look down at him. "Off the jet."

I put Emery down and look back at my dad. "Kill me then."

I walk further into the jet as the pilots pull the steps up and lock the door. I look over at Emery before she walks over to me and climbs up onto the chair next to me. She leans close to me and look out the window.

What the hell am I doing?