Chapter 61

I walk into the room and look at everyone that was standing round the bed, trying to get my heart beating again. I look at Mia as she stands watching everything.

"I think we should call it," a doctor mutters.

My eyes widen.

"What?" Mia says. I look at her. "Don't you dare."

"Mrs. Hart, we can't..."

"You will bring him back!" She shouts.

"There's nothing..."

"Mia, please. I'm begging you, get them to continue. I'm not leaving you." I beg, standing as close to my wife as I can.

"I told you to keep going! SO DO IT!"

"Mrs..."

"You can't just stop! Bring my husband back to life or you will regret it!"

I look at them before Mia pushes a few of the nurses out the way and holds my hand.

"Joe, please. You can't leave me, you promised. You promised me that you'd come back to me."

"I'm trying to come back to you but this lot won't let me get back!" I shout like she can hear me still.

"Why are you just standing about looking at me? Bring him back to life!" She shouts which makes them all get back to trying to get my heart beating again.

"Thank you, baby." I sigh in relief, looking down at her.

"I can't do any of this without you," she whispers before kissing my hand.

I look up at the heart monitor, waiting for the heart beat to return. Minutes pass and still nothing. I watch the nurses and doctors exchange looks to each other as Mia continues to hold my hand.

"Mia, don't let them give up! Help me!" I shout at her.

"Do you know she's pregnant again?" I heard a male announce.

I turn and looked at my son. "What?"

"Mum. She's going to have another baby," he says blankly, looking down at Mia.

"Do you mind?" I shout at him.

"Just thought I'd let you know so that it gives you something to go back to and pull out of this," he explains before disappearing.

I look down at Mia then back to the heart monitor.

"Don't even think about it," she warns to the nurses and doctors.

"Mrs. Hart, I'm so sorry but there's nothing more we can do." A nurse tells her.

"Mia, don't listen to them. You have to help me. I can't...Mia..." I start.

I look at the heart monitor and see the line faintly go up a little. I look back at Mia and smile at what she done. A tingling sensation fills my lips from the kiss she gave me moments ago and I sigh heavily. She did it. She brought me back to life. The heart monitor starts to bleep again and I feel myself get drawn back into my lifeless body.

Normal POV

"Unbelievable," a nurse breathes, looking at the heart monitor.

Joe's hand tightens in mine and I smile.

"Baby, I need you to open your eyes now." I whisper, gently stroking the side of Joe's face. His grip on my hand tightens again. "You know he's alive again, so get out. Tell his family he's alive but to give us time alone."

The room door opens and closes, indicating that everyone has left the room.

"Joe..." I whisper before I hear him moan from deep in his throat. "All I'm asking is for you to open..."