Chapter 38

Joe's POV 

I walked into the reception area of the hotel and saw my parents coming back in with the children. I looked round for somewhere to go but stopped when I heard my dads voice. 

"Joseph!" He said in a warning tone. Groaning, I turned round to look at him. "A word." 

I nodded and followed him towards the lifts. We got in the lift and were both silent.

We got out the lift and I followed my dad along to their room. He unlocked the door and walked in before I followed him in and closed the door over. I turned round and looked at him. 

"Sit," he instructed, standing in front of the bed with his arms crossed. I walked over to the bed and sat down. "Explain what that all was out on the beach with you and Mia." 

"Dad, I can't." 

"Joseph, since when did you start to keep secrets from your family?" 

"Dad, this is different." 

"Spit it out!" 

"Mia almost got raped!" I shouted as I stood up and looked at him. "Two guys tried to rape her." 

"Are you being serious?" 

"Yes I'm being..." 

"Where the hell were you!?" 

"I was angry the first time and wasn't there but I managed to get the second guy off her before he managed to get her clothes off!" 

"That doesn't cut it, Joseph! You should've been there both times!" My dad shouted which made me sit back down. 

"I know I should have! I know that!" I shouted. 

"She probably doesn't even want you near her because it brings back all those memories from those two guys," He told me. 

"She..." I started before looking up at him. "I don't know anymore." 

And with that, I broke down. I really didn't know what to do. Mia wouldn't talk to me and tell me how she's feeling. I'm her husband and I can't help her with this! 

"Joseph, don't start to blame yourself with this. Things happen but you've just got to believe in yourself that your strong enough to get over this." 

"What are you trying to tell me?" 

"You need to have faith in Mia that she will get over this in her own time. " 

"I can't do this," I muttered, standing up and walking towards the door. 

"Joseph! You don't want to think about it because it happened to your wife," my dad started to finish as I stopped walking. "Yes, it happened to your wife but it effects both of you." 

"You don't know what you're talking about," I sigh before opening the door and walking out the room. 

Normal POV 

"Do you want me to take you back to your room now? Joe may be back there and you can talk to him," Roshien asked. 

I nodded before I got to my feet. Roshien opened the room door and walked out the room. I followed close behind and closed the door over. We walked down the hall to my room and she tried to see if the door was open and it was. I turned to her and gave her a hug before going into the room. 

I closed the door and saw Joe sitting on the bed, looking out the french doors. I walked over and sat down next to him. He looked at me briefly before looking back out the french doors. I took his left hand in mine and reached up to his face with my other hand so he could look at me. His eyes fixed on my face and I looked into his eyes. 

"I'm..." I started. 

"I don't know what to do to help you," his voice quivered. "You won't talk to me and I feel like if I try to help you, you really don't want me near you." 

"I'm sorry you feel that way but I can't go through all this without you," I told him. 

"How will me being around you help? Two other men...two other men touched you like I..." 

"Joe...them touching me...is nothing like your touch. You're loving, caring and gentle with your touch. They- they don't compare to you. They were forceful." 

"Still doesn't stop you thinking about them trying to rape you when I lay a finger on you," he muttered, pulling his hand away from me. 

"I'm trying to open up to you about this and you're just pushing yourself away from me!" I shouted as I stood up and looked down at him. "Stop feeling sorry for yourself! You weren't the one that almost got raped!" 

"I can't deal with this anymore," he expressed as he got up and walked towards the room door. 

"You better deal with it because it happened! You may not want to think about it but it happened. I need you to help me get through this and you can't deal with this?" 

"I can't..." 

"I'm going to ask you a simple question," I murmered, walking over to him. "Are you a true man or a coward?" 

"I'm your husband!" 

"Well act like it because I need you more than anything right now!" I shouted as tears began to form in my eyes once again. 

Joe's POV 

I saw the tears begin to form in her eyes and I knew that it was only a matter of time before she started to fully cry. I reached out for her and pulled her into my arms. She held onto the back of my top and I ran a hand through her hair. 

"Don't leave me and let me go through all of this on my own," she begged against my chest. 

"I won't. I promise you," I soothed as she pulled away a little and looked up at me. 

I didn't know if I should kiss her not but she beat me to it. She stood on her tip-toes and reached for me. I bent down a little and kissed her. 

"We'll get through all of this together," I promised as I pulled away. 

"Together," she whispered in agreement.