Chapter 9

The journey home felt like it flew by because all Joe and I done, was sit and talk. There was a few occasions where he did kiss me but he hesitated before doing so. I guess he wasn't too sure if he should kiss me or not, but I'm glad he went with his gut instinct and kissed me. It just felt so right. 

As the car came to a stop outside my house, Joe opened the car door and got out before holding his hand out for me to take it. I placed my hand in his and got out the car. I smiled at him as we started to walk up to the front door. 

He stopped walking and looked up at the house. "So this is where you moved to?" 

"Yes and what seems to be the problem with that?" I asked. 

"There's no problem. I'm just in shock at the fact that it looks a little like a castle," he smiled while looking at me. 

I returned his smile. "Why do people always say that when they first see it? It's not a castle!" 

"No matter how many times you tell them, they'll still think it is." He pulled me close to him. "But because you stay here, it is a castle as you are fit enough to be the queen of it." 

I looked into his eyes. "Nice to know." 

He brought his head to mine and kissed me lightly. I heard the front door open and pulled away from Joe. 

"I didn't know you moved to live outside." Lisa's unhappy voice greeted as we looked at her. "But I see your reason to move outside rather than stay inside." 

"I don't-" Joe started. 

"Don't even finish that sentence. She's just trying to take the piss," I butted in, looking at Joe then back to Lisa. 

"Connor's asleep in his room. He went down an hour after you left," she informed, putting her jacket on. 

"Thanks," I nodded as she walked past me and Joe to go to her car. 

"Mia, if you're going to have sex with him tonight, make sure he wears some protection. I don't want you to catch anything," Lisa shouted to me before getting into her car. 

"I'll just pretend I didn't hear that," Joe muttered, following me into the house. 

I took Joe's jacket off from my shoulders as he closed the front door and looked around the hallway. 

"Go on," I urged, putting my hands on my hips. 

"What?" He asked. 

"Say it." 

"Say what?" 

"Say that I live in castle because the inside of it is so..." I started before he cut me off by pulling me into his arms. 

"Like you said before, you don't live in a castle." He smirked. 

I smiled before he kissed leaned in and kissed me. His hands rested on the base of my back as I rested mine behind his neck. I felt him play with the zip on the back of my dress and I broke the kiss. 

"Joe, we're still standing in the hall. We're not in the bedroom," I stated. 

"Well, maybe we should move this to the bedroom then." 

"May be we should." I pulled away from him to take his hand. "But first, I need to put the alarm and everything on." 

He nodded and I stretched my free hand out to the security monitor on the wall, to put the security alarm on. After the security alarms were on, I turned back to Joe who simply smiled at me. 

"Lead the way ," he said as I started to pull him towards the grand staircase. 

We walked up the stairs, turned left and down the hall towards the master bedroom. I let go of his hand and pushed open the double doors to the bedroom. I walked into the room and he followed close behind me and closed the doors over.

Joe's POV

I turned round to look at her and reached out for her hand. I held it in mine and looked into her eyes. 

"If we do this, there's no leaving. I'll never leave you or our children ever again. I won't do those stupid things I did," I told her as I let go of her hand to hold her by the waist. 

"Can we not..." She quietly started. 

"After tonight..." I began as she placed her hands behind my neck and pulled my face down to hers. 

"Stay with me," she whispered as her lips kissed the side of my neck. 

"Always," I whispered back before moving my head to kiss her on the lips. 

I found the zip of her dress again and pulled it down. As it pulled away from her skin, I rested my hands on her bare back as I broke the kiss and began to kiss her neck. 

"There is a bed in the room, Joseph. This isn't a job that's to been done while standing," she slightly moaned. 

I smiled against her neck and gently picked her up and carried her over to the bed.