Chapter 24

Still Joe's POV

I lay my head down against Mia's hand that I held in mine. I just couldn't get over the fact that I had another two children but most of all, I had a daughter.

I'd been ack up in Mia's room for almost an hour when they brought her back in on a bed. I walked over and helped her to sit up slightly. Once she was sat up, I pulled her into my arms and hugged her.

"I love you," I smiled, kissing the side of her neck.

"I love you too but right now, you're hurting me."

I puled back and took her hands in mine. "Sorry."

"Have you seen them since..." She started to ask.

I shake my head. "They had to weigh them and do something else because they were..."

I stopped when I heard the room door open. I turned round to see two nurses bringing the twins in in incubators. They sat them near the bed and I stood up, dropping Mia's hands as I looked at the babies.

"Amelia, would you like to meet your newborn twins?" One of the nurses asked.

Mia nodded and the nurse picked up one of the twins and put them in her arms.

"Joseph, would you like to hold your daughter?" The other nurse asked me.

I smiled at her as she handed my daughter over to me. I took her in my arms and sat down in the chair next to the bed. She was so small but perfect.

"We'll give the two of you some time alone," one of the nurses almost whispered as they walked out the room.

"I like how you get our first born daughter and I get our second son," Mia commented.

"I'm her dad and she'll get anything she wants," I told her while looking down at my daughter.

I gently stroked her cheek with my finger as she slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Wow," I breathed in shock.

"What?"

"She looks like you." I looked up at Mia and she smiled before looking down at our son she held in her arms. "What do you want to call him?"

"I got to name Connor..."

"Well, I'm letting you name our second son." I told her.

"I...I don't think so. You only want me to do that so it cancels out any chance of me naming our daughter." She stated.

"How did you guess?" I smiled.

"Fine, you name our son and we'll name our daughter together."

"Okay...Matthew."

"Nice. Picking one of the names I had written down," she nodded, looking over at me.

"Matthew Charles Hart," I finshed, standing up and sitting on the bed.

"I won't back down on the name Odette," she told me.

"My little princess is going to be called Odette?"

"Does she feel like an Odette?" She asked.

"Baby Odette Amelia Hart," I smiled, looking down at my daughter who had now closed her eyes back over.

"Took a while for me to get my name in there did it not?" She laughed.

"Be lucky I love your name," I laughed.

"Am I ever going to get to hold my daughter?"

"Nope."

"Joe..."