Chapter 17

I woke up the next morning with Joe's hand resting on my baby bump. I smiled and turned round to see him. 

"Morning," I half smiled, moving my head to rest on his chest. 

"Morning beautiful," he replied, running his hand up and down my back. 

"What's your plan for today?" I asked. 

"I was thinking that I could stay home with you while my parents take Connor out somewhere." 

"Don't you have training or a game to go to?" 

"Not when you're my priority, no." 

"Joe..." 

"I only want to think of you and how you're doing. Not stressing out," he told me. 

"You're stressing me out by staying here!" I complained, my voice getting louder. 

"Do you want me to go?" He asked. 

"Yes!" 

"Fine. I'll just go and get changed then I'll go to training. Happy?" 

"Yes. But before you go, can you just go and get Connor and bring him in here with me?" I asked. 

"You sure you'll be able to handle him being in here?" 

"Joe, I'm only sitting on the bed watching TV and trying to cut the list of baby names down. I think I'll be fine." I picked my laptop up off the floor. 

"Suit yourself," Joe mumbled, standing up and going to get ready to go to training. 

I turned the laptop on and went straight onto the internet to see what was making headlines in the news. 

"Joe!" I called. 

"What?" He shouted from inside his walk-in wardrobe. 

"Have you heard about what's happening with the court case?" I asked. 

"No, why?" He asked, walking into the bedroom in nothing but his jeans and carrying a t-shirt in his hands. 

"'Cause there's pictures and stories on the internet about it and what's going on," I explained as he lay down on the bed next to me. 

"Lisa told me that it was postponed because you couldn't go to it." He took the laptop off my lap and looked at the article. 

I stood up and stretched my arms out in front of me. 

"What are you doing?" Joe asked, worry filling his voice. 

"I need to stretch," I said, walking over to the couch that was in front of the TV and sitting down. 

"Mia, please just get back in the bed and rest." He got up off the bed and walked over to stand behind the couch. 

"Why?" I asked, looking up at him. 

"Baby, please just get back in the bed." He pleaded. 

"Joe, what's wrong with me just laying here until you get back in? My legs and back are starting to hurt," I cried. 

"Baby...do you promise me that you'll just sit there until I get back? No moving?" He asked, resting on the back of the couch and looking at me. 

"I promise. Now go and get my son because I need company," I smiled. 

"Okay," he sighed, standing up straight and walking out the room to go and get Connor. 

I reached over for the remote that sat on the small glass coffee table and turned the TV on. I heard footsteps approach the room and I looked up.