One shot

4 years later

I tousled my curled hair in front of the mirror in the posh-looking room. A pastel-pink, floor lenght, strapless dress hugged my hips. I turned and surveyed all the other girls in the room sporting the same gown. Among them were Kenzie along with a couple girls I remembered form my high school, although, I think they remembered me quite a big more than I remembered them.

"Mae," Kenzie ushered me towards her, "Alyssa and her mom have been in there for twenty minuites, I think you should go in there. You are the maid of honor, after all,"

"I'll just make things worse," I hissed.

"No need to throw a fit," Kenzie rolled her eyes.

"Who's ready to see?" Alyssa's voice rang out from behind the fitting room door.

All the bridesmaids, myself included, began to coo at once telling her to show us the dress.

"Here I am!" She stepped out from behind the door, and all hell broke loose.

Everyone squealed out some form of, "you're so gorgeous," at once before all going to hug our lovely bride.

"I can't take all the credit," Alyssa said, "this was the dress Mae picked out,". It was true, the gorgeous mermaid up strapless was my baby, and I rooted for her the whole dress selecting process.

"Great choice, Mae," one of the other bridesmaids, called Tiffany, smiled at me.

"Wouldn't look nearly as great without such a beautiful bride in it," I smiled.

Alyssa smiled and spun in a circle, "I feel like a princess," she squealed.

Just then, my phone vibrated. The message read "emergency, code red"

"Excuse me, I have to step out for a minuite," I said quickly, stepping out of the room. I took an immediate right, then turned left and opened the second door, and stepping into one of the spare rooms.

"So, how great do I look in a tux?" Liam smiled at me as I closed the door behind me.

"Not gonna lie, you're looking pretty sexy," I smiled walking over to wrap my arms over his shoulders.

"Well, I don't know what you were talking about when you said pink wasn't your color, because pink just became my new favorite color," he smirked holding me close to him with his arms around my waist.

"So going to handle that emergency, now?" I smiled, biting my lip.

"Thought you'd never ask," he smiled before leaning down to press his lips to mine.

I ran my hands up and down his collar bone and shoulders, and pressed my body against his. His arms wrapped firmly around my waist. After a while, I pulled away and Liam continued to lean down, touching the bridge of his nose to mine.

"It's really nice here," he said without breaking eye constant with me.

"Zayn seriously spared no expense," I smiled.

"I think it's about time we had one of these," he said with a slight glimmer in his eyes.

"Eventually," I said breathily before pressing my lips to his once more. He held me as close to him as possible. I ran my fingers through his soft hair. It's grown back quite nicely in the past few years.

"Marry me," he breathed.

"Not yet," I sighed kissing him again even more deeply that before, but he pulled away quickly.

"Why not?" He said. His brown eyes looked right into mine pleadingly.

"I'm still going to university," I said, "I just want to finish before getting married or all that stuff. I've been rushing my life too much, I just don't want to jump into this right away,". This wasn't the first time Liam and I discussed marriage, although he hasn't actually gone the "whole nine yards" with the ring and business, I still know he really wants it. I have a year left at the university of Manchester. After my last year I can spend time with Liam and we can focus a bit more on our relationship, and maybe then the time will be right.