Paradise

I closed the book, and set it down. I stared at it for a moment, then tried opening it to read again. I was usually captivated by my favorite book, Divergant, but now it seemed sort of boring, almost bland. Maybe it was just the beginning. I paged through and read one of my favorite parts, but I was just distracted.

"Mae?" I heard a whisper from the seat behind me. It was Niall, he checked on my every five minuites. He had offered to let me sit by Kenzie, but I knew they'd much rather sit together.

"Yeah, Ni?" I sighed.

"You sure you're okay?"

"Yes Niall, I'm fine," I replied. I got a weird look from the business-man next to me.

"Okay, Kenz fell asleep, are you sure you don't need anything?" he asked.

"Yeah, Niall, I'm fine,"

Here was a short silence, "Did he say anything to you?" he finally asked. He was obviously referring to Liam, leaving him alone had been awkward, and devestaing all over again. When we walked out the door, the look in his eyes...it just killed me. I need to stop thinking about him. I need to try pushing these thoughts out of my head.

"Not a word," I sighed, "you?"

He was quiet for another moment, "Not anything worth repeating,". I decided not to press for more, it's not worth it.

"I hope I'm not making anything awkward between you guys,"

"He'll get over it," said Niall, "I'm going to try to get some sleep,". Our flight left at about eleven at night. I spent most of the day crying while listening to loud music on my iPod and writing depressing stories on my iPad. Kenzie brought me in a burger around noon, and then hung around for a while before going snorkeling with Niall, and the two of them came it with ice cream and a buch of chic flics later in the day.

They told me to be ready by eight. I got dressed all nicely in a flowy tank top and shorts. I did my hair, and makeup...the whole nine yards. All just to make Liam think I was fine, but, damn it, I'm so far from it. Every particle of my being wants to crawl into a corrner and lie there in the fetal position. But I can't. Partially because I don't think there are any corners on an airplane, maybe when I get home.

There's also still the looming issue of Zayn. What the hell has that boy gotten himself into? No ones seen or heard from him in a day, not to mention the random girl picking up his phone. Why does this keep happening? I sighed. It's about time I get some sleep too. I faced towards my window and closed my eyes, but sleep didn't come. How could I sleep right now?

"Mae?" I heard Niall whisper. I was so close to falling a sleep, a conversation might wreak it, so I didn't say anything. "I think she's asleep,"

"What are we going to do?" sighed Kenzie.

"I don't know, maybe it's for the best," sighed Niall, "But it's going to make things awkward, the rest of the boys and in love Mae, seeing you guys is going to get harder,"

"You make it sound like you guys are leaving," said Kenzie.

"I'm sorry Kenz, but you know we can't stay forever...but you know I won't ever stop thinking about you,"

"I won't stop thinking about you either," said Kenzie, "Not ever,"

I decided to stop listening to them, and put my iPod headphones into my ears. "Paradise" by Coldplay played into my ears.

When she was just a girl

She expected the world

But it flew away from her reach so