It'll Always Be Him

"I think I'll turn in early," I announced getting up off the couch. Everyone was watching a re-run of Friends. Things were quiet which never happened to us before. We've always had so much to say, but now there was nothing.

"I'll go with you," said Harry practically leaping up off the couch.

I walked up the stairs closely followed by Harry. Once we reached the top, he snuck up behind me and picked me up bridal-style. My cheeks reddened, and I looked away. I can't look at Harry right now, after all that's happened. He took me to my bed and laid me down.

"Try to get some sleep," he said to me as he knelt beside my bed.

"I'll try," I laughed.

He sighed frustrated, "Stop doing that, Mae!"

"Stop doing what?"

"It's obvious you're in a ton of pain, but you keep making jokes. Like something's funny. None of this is funny," he said.

"Yeah," tears stung my eyes. The sides of my eyes twitched. "I just don't know what else to do,"

"Don't cry, Mae," he wrapped arm around my shoulder. I burried my head in his shoulder. "Get some sleep, Mae," he said releasing me and giving me a small smile.

"You too," I replied.

He walked out slowly closing the door behind him.

I rolled over in my bed. I felt the fabric of my sheets. Everything in my room looked exactly the same as it did before I met Liam. If someone would to look, it would be as if nothing had changed, but everything had changed. I'm going to have to go back to school, the boys are going to leave and everything is going to go back to the way it was. I'll finish school, go to college, get a boring-ass job, meet an okay guy, and get married. I've had my thirty minuites of fame, now I'm going to go on exactly how I always thought my life would be; perfectly average.

"Perfectly average," I mumbled to myself before sleep overcame me.

~~~~~~

I tripped and fell onto asphalt, scraping my cheek. I reached my hand up to feel it, and pulled my hand down covered in blood. I wiped the blood off on my jeans that had ripped at the knees by the fall. I pulled myself up off the ground and remembered why I fell. I am being chased. I began sprinting again. Tears streamed down my face. My breaths came out as ragged sobs.

I gasped for air, "Help!" I sobbed as I ran. Suddenly, a figure appeared in front of me. It ran towards me, and I sighed with relief to see a familiar face.

"Mae?" he asked.

"Li- I," I gasped, "and I'm, and,"

"Shh, Mae, it's alright, it's just me," he said putting his arms around me. It felt so familiar. So warm, and safe.

"He's coming for me," I let out.

"I know where you can hide," he took my hand and led me into a small building. I walked in, and the door shut behind me leaving Liam on the other side. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. Liam just stood there with a stone cold expression.

"Liam!" I screamed, "Get me out of here,". I turned around to the back door, but it was too late. The man who was chasing me already came in,

I looked over to see Liam had not swayed at all. "Liam please!" I sobbed, "I'm sorry please just let me out,". He never even looked. "Look at me!" I wailed in hysterics. "Liam" I screamed.

My eyes burst open, I was lying on my bed, sweating like crazy. Nothing had changed. There was no Liam. A faint scream echoed in my ears. Is everyone okay? Damn it, I'm the one screaming. I stopped screaming just as someone burst through the door.