chapter eighteen

Bryson

" Checkmate biotch! " Glenn slapped the card on the table.

" Nigga this is Uno not no damn chess. "

" So I just threw a wildcard on the table and a draw 4 so pay up motherfucker. " he stuck the blunt in his mouth and pulled it out with a cloud of smoke following.

Glenn is a dude I met being in the weed business. I met him a few months ago and he heard about me, Shaun, and Mykel being in debt with Dino so he's helping us pay the rest of the money.

" Fuck what y'all talking about, I just beat my high score in color switch. " Shaun laughed.

" Y'all niggas crazy man. "

" Man I tell you who is crazy. My baby mama. She been trying to put me on child support just so she can get extra money for herself and not my child. Crazy bitch. " Glenn said.

" I ain't talked to my baby mama in a while or seen my child. "

Kaia was about to be 1 year old next week and I hadn't seen her since she was 6 months. I missed her a lot but I had too much pride to hit up Summer and ask to see my her. I still felt guilty.

" Don't turn into a deadbeat Bry. That ain't what you wanna be, go see your child man. " Mykel shook his head.

" How I'm supposed to face Summer and her crazy ass sister and crazy ass best friend? I know Summer still got a grudge against me and Danielle been looking for me through you. They'll kill me if I showed up to that doorstep."

" And you'll kill yourself if you don't. I'm about to head over there to see Danielle anyway. You need to come with me. "

" Hell naw. I'm straight. Gone ahead. "

" Nigga come on and stop being a bitch. If they try to tag team you I gotchu. Let's go. "

I contemplated on whether I should go with him or not and I just decided to go anyway. I might as well.

" Well can we stop by the mall or something first so I can get Kaia a toy or something? "

" Yeah. "

-

We had just left mall and I decided to buy Kaia more than just a toy. I bought her pampers, dolls and clothes and shoes, and all types of other stuff. I was nervous so I got carried away and started balling.

" You ready ? " Mykel asked pulling in Cassidy's driveway.

" Do I have a choice ? "

" Nope get out my car. The trunk already popped. "

I got out of the car and went to the trunk to get all of the bags with Kaia's stuff in it.

We walked up to the doorstep and Mykel rang the doorbell.

It took almost a minute for somebody to come and open the door.

" Hel- " Cassidy swung the door open and looked at me, " Why is he standing in front of me right now? "

" I just came to see Danielle and he wanted to come see Kaia. Nothing major can we come in?" Mykel explained.

She stepped back and gritted her teeth letting us walk in.

" Danielle! " Cassidy screamed up the stairs.

I stood in the living room feeling so weird to be back in this house.

The whole time Cassidy just stared at me, mean mugging me.

" Cassidy. I'm sorry, okay? Whatever you want to do to me gone ahead. "

" I could murder you right now and bury your body in my backyard but i'm trying to be a child of god. After all this time now you wanna come back to see your daughter. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't even know who you were. "

Danielle came jogging down the steps and fully dressed.

When she saw that I was standing there her whole mood changed.

" Oh hell naw. " She threw her bag down and came charging over to me swinging her arms.

Mykel stopped her and held her back.

" I knew coming here was a mistake. I'm about to go upstairs and give these to Kaia then I'm out. Y'all ain't gotta ever see me again. "

I slid past Danielle and walked up the stairs and into Summer's room.

I knocked two times and then just walked in.

When I walked in I saw Summer laying on some nigga's chest and he was playing with MY babygirl, my seed.

" Yo What the fuck is this shit ? "

They looked over at me and Summer's eyes grew big.

" Who is this ? " dude asked handing Kaia to Summer.

" I don't know. " Summer replied with a smirk on her face.

" You don't know ? If she ain't told you yet, I'm the father of her child. Who are you nigga ? "

" Her boyfriend. Is there a problem ? "

As soon as the word " boyfriend " came out of his mouth I dropped the bags and instantly start punching and swinging on dude.

" Stop! Get the fuck off him! Stop! " Summer screamed pushing me off of him.

Mykel, Danielle and Cassidy came running upstairs.

He layed on the floor with blood coming out of his nose and mouth and blood on my knuckles.

" Get the hell out of my house Bryson. Now. " Cassidy yelled at me.

" Summer you playing house with niggas now ? Don't you ever bring another nigga around my daughter. EVER unless you want them dead. "

" The table doesn't look so pretty when it's turned on the other side. Now does it? "

I was outraged. I was red and heated. First, Summer had some random nigga that I ain't never seen before around my daughter acting like he helped make her and second.... Summer had another boyfriend and it wasn't me.

I went to the other side of the room and started throwing Kaia's clothes and shoes and stuff in her bag and then I grabbed her baby bag and carseat.

" You not getting her back. "

I picked up the bags that I had bought for Kaia and walked out.

And with that I left out to Mykel's car.

Summer seemed different. She really didn't love me no more. She had moved on but it was more than just her relationship with me that had moved on. She was a whole new person.