chapter twelve

Kaia in the MM

Summer

It's been 2 months and Bryson was still in his coma. I had lost all hope that he was even going to wake up but I still prayed. I had been discharged from the hospital a few weeks ago and so was Kaia. She had gotten much bigger and now she was a normal sized baby, which I was so relieved of.

I was sitting in Bryson's hospital room on his bed typing away on my computer for an essay I had to turn in at midnight. I had fed Kaia her third bottle today and she was sound asleep on Bryson's chest. Yes, I put her on his chest because that is her daddy and I wanted her to know who he is even if he never woke up.

" Knock Knock "

An unfamiliar face peeked his head into the door. " Who are you ? "

" Ofcourse you wouldn't know. I'm Cornelius Bryson's father. "

Bryson never talked about his dad to me. The only thing I remember him saying is that he hits him and treats him with disrespect.

He walked over to Bryson and saw Kaia was laying on his chest.

" Who is this little girl ? "

" That's our daughter Kaia. Um how did you know he was here and why are you here ? " i grabbed Kaia's sleeping body off of Bryson.

" His friend Deshaun told me. Look, Whatever he told you about me It's not true. "

" He told me you hit him and treat him like a little boy and that you have problems. " i closed my laptop.

" I'm Bipolar. But nothing I do to him I would do on purpose or out of hate. I love him that's my son. I can't help the episodes and moods I have sometimes. " he explained.

When Bryson told me his dad had problems I didn't think he meant real problems.

" May I ? " he reached his hands out to hold Kaia.

" Sure. " I handed Kaia to him and he rocked her in his arms.

" Can't believe I have a granddaughter. Hey Little girl. " he tickled her cheek and she started to cry.

" I guess she don't like me either. "

" I'm sorry she just woke up. " i put her pacifier in her mouth.

" It's fine. It was nice meeting you.. ? "

" Summer. "

" Summer. Please let me know how he's doing and if you need anything. Here's my phone number. " he wrote his number down on a sticky note that was beside Bryson's hospital bed.

" Thanks for stopping by. Nice meeting you too"

When Bryson's dad left I went back to working on my laptop. A few hours had passed and Kaia had fallen asleep again so I decided to get up and lay her down next to Bryson.

I left the room and closed the door quietly.

I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I wasn't the same person that I was 2 months ago. I looked different, I acted different. Everything about me was different.

Tears grew in my eyes and I busted out crying not holding one single tear back.

" What's wrong baby? " I looked behind me and saw my mom coming out of the bathroom stall.

Damnit I forgot she was a nurse.

I wiped the tears away from my eyes and ran some water to wash my face," Now is not the time. "

" Tomorrow is my last day down here. I'd like to see my granddaughter and talk to my daughter before I leave. "

" Where are you going ? "

" Back to Atlanta. "

" Oh. "

" Summer, Baby I apologize for everything I put you through as your mother. I don't want to argue with you anymore you're my daughter."

" It doesn't matter anymore. I've had the baby now and there's nothing you can change. But, you should have been there instead of shutting me out and being childish. I don't want to argue with you anymore there's too much going on. I love you mom."

" I love you too. " she hugged me. " Now can I see my granddaughter ? and then we can talk. "

" Yeah she's in the room with Bryson. "

I dried my face with a paper towel and we walked out of the bathroom and to the ice machine to fill up a small cup of ice for myself.

" You can go ahead and go into the room. Kaia is in there sleep with Bryson. "

She left and went to the room but came back quick.

" I don't see anybody in there. " she said.

When I went back into the room, Bryson and Kaia was gone.

this chapter is like 700 - 800 words long i'm sorry. it was late when i updated this but i really wanted to update.

update coming tomorrow though. 💖