chapter thirteen

Summer

" Where the fuck is my daughter and my boyfriend ? " i screamed at the nurses in the front desk.

" Calm down Summer they can't be too far it's a hospital. "

" She's only 2 months and Bryson is in a coma how could they have gotten anywhere - "

When I turned around I saw Kaia in the arms of a nurse and Bryson was standing up holding on to a rack that was holding his IV bag and monitor.

" Bryson. " My jaw dropped.

I ran over to him and jumped on him wrapping my legs around his waist not even caring about his injury.

" Baby you're awake. You're alive. " I cried.

What I was seeing was unreal. I didn't think he would ever wake up from the coma. But here he was, walking, alive and breathing. Tears were streaming down my face heavy.

" Y-yeah baby. Ahh. " he scrunched his face up holding onto his back.

I hopped down off of him.

" How did this happen ? When ? " I was speechless.

" I came back into his room for another checkup and he was just waking up. I checked his heartbeat and everything and it was just normal. I asked him if he wanted to try and walk and he's walking. It's a blessing. We don't get too many people who wake up from comas and are already doing so well." the nurse explained.

I couldn't stop crying. Thinking about how doctors were saying they didn't know if he wasn't going to wake up or be paralyzed. My whole world had brightened.

" Stop c-crying baby. I-i'm h-here. " Bryson stuttered out. His voice was kind of groggy and sounded horse.

" I'll go get Dr. Willis and let him know. "

I grabbed Kaia from the nurse and helped Bryson back into the hospital room so he could lay down.

-

" S-so this is m-my baby g-girl huh ? " He held Kaia on his lap.

" That's her. Kaia Khaleesi Tiller. I gave her your last name. I had her 3 months early. The same day you were submitted into the hospital. " i sniffed.

" I missed t-the b-birth of m-my seed. " he tried to pull Kaia towards him and kiss her on the cheek but it didn't work.

" Get some rest baby. I'll call everybody and let them know the big news and we'll go from there. I love you. " i smiled and pecked him on his lips.

" I l-love you. " he closed his eyes.

I walked out of Bryson's room and to my mother who was standing right outside of the door.

" This is little Kaia. " I handed her to her.

" Heeeey mama. Hey. I'm grandma. " my mom played with her hands.

" Watch her for a minute please so I can go make some calls. "

I walked downstairs to where the waiting room was and sat there for a second. I looked up to the ceiling and whispered, " Thank you, God. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love you. "

I hadn't stopped crying. I was overjoyed with happiness and it was all because of the faith and hope that I had in God and in Bryson.

The only people I called was Danielle and Cassidy. I would tell Mykel and Deshaun later once Bryson was better so we could talk about how this really started because I still didn't believe Deshaun's explanation.