chapter eight

6 months later...

Summer

" Bryson I want my banana peppers get me some banana peppers. " I whined.

Banana peppers had been my craving and I loved them. I had a jar on deck everywhere I went. I had a jar for today when we go to the doctors office for an appointment.

" This is your sixth jar I'm not getting you no more. " he handed the jar to me.

My face lighted up, " Thank you babe. "

" Mhm. "

Kenzie came wobbling in the room.

" Gimme some. " she said reaching for my jar.

" Don't do it Kenzie she will beat you up over them things I promise you. " Bryson told her.

" Brus kwhzau Mine. " she started talking in tongue.

" Come on Kenzie Kenz lets just go get some cookies. " he picked her up and took her downstairs.

Bryson's phone started ringing and it was Deshaun so I answered.

" Hello ? "

" Aye Bryson you got the money yet ? Dino said he need his money man. "

" Money for what and who is Dino ? "

" This Summer ? "

" Yes "

" Oh nothing just have him call me whenever he can. " he hung up.

That was weird.

Bryson came back upstairs and I decided to ask him about Shaun's phone call.

" Who is Dino ? "

" Huh ? "

" Shaun called talking about Dino needs some money from you. Who is Dino and why he need money from you? "

" Oh, nobody. I let him tune my car up last week in advance and didn't pay him for it yet. I'll call him back later. " he answered.

He sounded like he was lying and I was going to find out the truth whatever it was.

" Oh okay... well Come on we gotta go to this appointment. "

Bryson

I didn't want Summer to find out what I was doing because I knew she would be mad about it and overreact. I was doing it for a reason though, I wanted to give her and our baby what they needed and wanted. They my only reason for doing it.

We got to the doctor's office and waited in the room we was assigned to.

" Girl. " I said.

" Boy "

" Girl "

" Boy "

" Girl. I'm telling you it's a girl because your stomach sit high. "

We were arguing about what the gender of the baby was and I was hoping it was girl. I wanted to have the best father and daughter relationship with her and call her my baby girl and my princess and beat up every nigga who came her way.

The doctor walked in on us and sat down in his rolling chair.

" So, we ready to find out whether it's a boy or girl I see. " Dr. Walley laughed.

" Yes i'm so nervous. " Summer smiled.

He turned on the monitor and rubbed some clear gel on her stomach. He got a little remote looking thing and started rubbing it around her stomach.

I grabbed her hand because she was shaking like hell.

" Calm down baby. " I laughed at her.

" Two arms, 10 fingers. 2 legs, 10 toes. And... "

Summer squeezed my hand.

" It's a girl! And she's very healthy. Congratulations. " he wiped the gel off of her stomach.

I jumped up out of my seat. " Damn right it's a girl. I told you. " I kissed her stomach.

" Whatever " she giggled. " I'm just glad my little angel is healthy. "

" How many copies would you like? " the doctor asked.

" 10 Million " I screamed.

" Just 2 "

" I'll be back with those and then y'all will be ready to go. " the doctor walked out.

Deshaun

" Y'all better get my money Shaun i'm not fucking playing with you. " Dino said into the phone.

" We'll get it man. I'll have it by next month I swear. "

" I want it in two weeks. If I don't get my money by then you and ya boys out. " he hung up.

Me Bryson and Mykel owed Dino $1k for all the weed we sold for him but never payed him back. Dino was the kingpen of Memphis and he was not the one to fuck with.

I don't know how we was gone get this money but we needed to get this shit quick or Dino was coming for our heads no doubt.

Damn I dragged us into the wrong shit this time.