chapter two

Summer

" it's the third building over there. " i pointed to my apartment building.

He drove up to the building and I gathered my stuff and got out.

" You ain't gone give me your number? " Bryson asked.

" Nope. I let you take me home because I didn't live too far from the school, but I ain't that easy. " I responded.

He kissed his teeth, " Playing hard to get I see."

" But i'm not playing. Bye Bryson. " I closed the door and walked up the stairs and unlocked the door with my key.

When I walked in I was greeted by my oldest sister, Cassidy, and her daughter, my niece, Mckenzie.

" Hey Summer, how was school? and who was that boy that dropped you off? "

" School was school it was my first day so kinda boring and nobody , I take a class with him and he was trying to spit game so I let him take me home and let him down when he asked for my number. " i laughed, " you shoulda saw the look on his face. "

" New school and you already snatching niggas! " she chuckled back.

" Where's mom? "

" She got paged and had to go up to the hospital and I gotta go somewhere too so can you please watch Kenz for me until I get back?"

" Cass you always do this shit when you come over here and you know Kenz be acting up when I'm with her. " i groaned.

" I'll pay you $20 I'll be back around 7 I promise. Please? " she begged.

" Whatever, where you going anyway ? "

" A date. " she responded.

" Again? Why you always going out with these different men? "

Cassidy was always going out on dates every weekend trying to find somebody to make her happy because she claims she's not. Nobody needs a man in their life to make them happy. At least I don't.

" Because i need me a man. "

" No you don't. "

" Yes I do, " she grabbed her purse and keys walking to the door, " I'll be back later and look after Kenz. " she walked outside and locked the door behind her.

Mckenzie walked down the steps and climbed onto the couch.

" UGH ! this is going to be a long night for kenzie. " i sighed.

" Shutup. " she yelled at me.

I swear this little girl is a devil.

---

really short chapter but more to come.