chapter nine

Summer

Today we were setting up for the baby shower. Since nobody else knew about the gender of the baby we decided to have a gender reveal too. Everybody was so anxious to know.

" Help me up please. " I held out my arms trying to get out of my chair.

" Look at you, stomach so big you can't even get up by yourself. " Bryson laughed at me.

" Stop laughing you the one that made this happen to me now help me it's not funny. "

" But you love me though. " He held his hands out and pulled me up.

I smacked him in the back of his neck, " That's for laughing at me motherfucker. "

He grabbed his neck and scrunched his face up running after me. I tried to run but I couldn't make it anywhere.

When he got a hold of me he smacked my butt so hard.

" Owwww! "

Cassidy walked in the house with balloons and a cake and Danielle followed holding bags full of unisex decorations from Party City.

" Bout time y'all was gone for about a hour. "

" Be lucky we got y'all stuff. This would have been much easier if y'all could stop being so damn secretive and tell me if I'm having a niece or neffue. " Cassidy rolled her eyes.

" You'll find out today don't worry. "

We set up the decorations inside and outside of the house letting everyone know which house the baby shower was at.

When people came in we were going to give them little cards so they could vote whether they think i'm having a boy or a girl and put it in a box and at the end we would reveal which one.

" Heyyyy pregnant girl! " Danielles mom, Brenda, walked in the house with food and a gift. Ms. Brenda was like a second mother to me. I loved her and she loved me.

" Hey Ms. Brenda. Thank you for bringing the food and for the gift. " I hugged her giving her the card.

About an hour later everybody had showed up showering me with gifts and Bryson was the one taking them all.

It wasn't many people but some of my cousins, Deshaun and Mykel, and a few other people we knew. Some were talking and eating. Some sitting down and some standing.

" Okay people It's time for the gender reveal. "
Bryson yelled getting everybody's attention,      " Most of y'all voted for a Girl and then some of y'all voted for a boy."

He handed me a big black balloon with a huge question mark on it and it had confetti in it.

" But..... " He gave me a pin so I could pop the balloon letting pink confetti rain out.

Everyone had " hurry up " written all over their faces.

I popped the balloon, " ITS A GIRL!!! "

Everybody was screaming and clapping and Danielle and Cassidy were jumping up and down and hugging me so tight.

" I'm gonna have a niece I'm gonna have a niece " Cassidy sang.

The gender reveal wasn't really a surprise for me and Bryson but we just wanted to surprise everyone else and make the baby shower more interesting.

" You know what that mean Brys. Killing niggas left and right over babygirl. " Deshaun dapped Bryson up.

" Hell yeah already know. "

" Y'all ain't gone kill nobody, we can't help it if she's pretty just like her momma. " I smiled.

" Just like her momma ? Nah she gone get all the good genes from her daddy. You know I'm one sexy ass nigga. "

" Whatever. Just go ahead and take that L when we see who she gone take after. " I held up an L.

Everybody came up to me hugging me and congratulated me before leaving and then we started cleaning up everything.

" Sky you happy you gone be a auntie? "

" Yes I am but just because you having a baby don't mean you can forget about me. I'll hurt that baby. "

" Noooo I won't forget about you why you say that ? "

" Because we never see each other anymore unless I'm at Cassidy's house. Why you don't never come home anymore?"

Skyler didn't know that our mom put me out she just knew that I was always at Cassidy's house. I haven't spoken to my mom in almost 7 months. She never called I was doing. She didn't even come to the baby shower.

" Because Sky... Look before the baby is born we can go hangout okay? "

" Okay. " She cheesed.

Bryson walked into the living room where we were at, " Your mom is outside to pick up Sky. "

And now I was going to have to face her.

I walked Skyler to the car and didn't say a word to my mother.

" Oh you can't speak? " she mugged me.

" Hmm let me see... You put me out of your house and hadn't called and talked to me in 7 months. I don't really have anything to say to you. "

" You look like you about to pop. Boy or girl? "

" Oh now you're so interested in my baby? Maybe if you would've came around you would know. "

" It's my granddaughter and you're my daughter. I have the right to know don't act like I'm some stranger to you I'm still your mother Summer. "

" A mother wouldn't put her child out at her worst because of a mistake she made and then not contact her at all. So I don't know who you are and neither will my daughter. Bye Skyler. " I closed the car door and walked back in the house.

" Y'all good ? " Bryson asked me.

" Nope and I wanna keep it that way. "

i feel like i should have waited to tell y'all if it was a boy/girl at this little gender reveal party but too late now ;(