Twenty three

Luke

-

Ashton and Calum sat on the carpeted floor with Jackson, Maddiline and her siblings had been with Ali this morning as she needed to take them to their appointments, Ashton wanted to stop by and visit while Emily was at school. Calum was just here because he was avoiding Chloe again, but I'm sure in an hour they'll be made up and ready to start fighting again.

Watching my mates with my son made me smile, It was strange how we were all maturing, except Michael. He was still stuck in a phase I guess, Calum was still learning how to be a one woman man and I was proud of how far he's come, he finally started growing up along with Ash and I.

"So like, does her mother know? That you two are... Erm.. Yeah." Ashton asks, I nod slowly "She's legal so it's not like it matters." I shrug and move Jacksons fire truck around with my bare foot, he giggles and tries getting it away from me.

"What's the plan then? She goes off to college as you plan your 60th birthday?" I hear Calum mutter, I toss the toy soldier I had been holding at his face, the soldiers gun poking him in the eye "The fuck Luke?" I chuckle and pick my son off of the floor, and fix his tiny Mohawk Calum gave him only an hour ago.

"Maybe if you were in love you'd know how it is Cal." His eyes trail to the floor "She won't talk to me. I don't know how to fix things." He mumbles while playing with his fingers, I guess the poor guy actually didn't know how it was to love.
"Tell her how you feel bro."

"Alright, Alison is going to kill me if I don't pick up the kids from my moms soon. Let's plan something soon, yeah? I miss you idiots." Ashton say, getting up off of the floor and walking towards the door. "We can cook out on the roof this weekend, Emily's mom is going away to her boyfriend's." I see Ashton wiggle his eyebrows "Are you sure you want us around? You have a whole weekend to fool around with your girl." If I had anything to throw at my idiot friend I would have but unfortunately Jackson took all the rest of the toy soldiers.

"So like, are you really ready to have an actual relationship again? Its been a while since Carly and you split and I haven't seen you date." Calum finally gets off of the floor and sits on the couch with me as Jackson was more into the TV than he was in playing with his toys.
"Things with Emily are better than with Carly, I don't have to be someone I'm not around her. I don't know man I think she's the one, I know she's young and she could drop me at any moment for someone her own age but I really think this time I have it right."

"I'm really glad you've found someone, Luke. You've been through a lot and I'm happy to see you happy again. Just make sure you don't screw this one up, yeah?"