Epilogue

Emily

-

I searched the crowd, scanning my eyes over every single face over and over again looking for those familiar blue eyes but I hadn't seen them. I try swallowing the lump forming in my throat and the voice in the back of my head that was telling me that he wasn't coming.

"He said he was coming, why isn't he here yet? Its almost time." I say to myself, biting down on my bottom lip and feeling my heart sink from disappointment. Of course he wasn't going to show, he always says one thing and does something else, I mean that was the reason we called off our relationship. Luke just wasn't the same anymore, he just wasn't there for me the way I needed him to be.

I guess our age differences just made us such different people, and I thought was what made us so good for each other but I guess I was wrong.

We were the right people for each other, but it just wasn't the right timing.

"Do you think I would actually miss your college graduation, Emily?" I turn around to see the man I loved holding flowers and a card in one hand, and him trying to hold a now five year old Jackson. I smile sadly at my ex boyfriend before quickly hugging him "I honestly didn't think you would show."

He swallows and looks at ms sadly "I know I've let you down a lot but I wasn't going to, not this time. Look we should have dinner after this, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about."

-

An hour later I was officially graduated from college.

My life was finally starting, and I knew who I wanted by my side through it all, I wanted Luke with me through every single up and every down, he was the only thing that held me together these past few years, I didn't want to just let that all go to waste.

I change out of my gown and into a little black dress in the back of the limo on the way to the restaurant, I didn't have time to go home and change. I knew I would whimp out of this if I had given myself more time to think about everything. I wanted to tell him I loved him before it was too late.

I power walk into the restaurant, not wanting to waste anymore time. I see him sitting at a table, he was dressed nicely in a blue dress shirt, a tie hanging loosely from his neck and a large grin on his face the second he sees me, I make my way to him and sit down, my heart pounding in my chest.

I felt like I was 17 all over again.

"Before we eat I need to get this off of my chest, and please just listen, okay?" Luke nods and outs his hand in his hand, ready to hear me talk.

"When I think about my life five or ten years from now I see myself successful, I see myself happy. And I see you by my side through every step of it, I want you by my side when it all happens for me. Like I said before Luke, you're my home. Things will be hard but I'm willing to do it, I want you and Jackson back into my life, for good this time."

He's silent as I catch my breath, my hands are shaking as I bring them down to my sides. He blinks a few times before sighing "I-" he closes his mouth when a woman sits next to him "Sorry I'm late I got caught up at work. Oh my you must be Emily.." The woman is beautiful, breath taking actually. I look at Luke confused.

"I'm Lucy, its so nice to finally meet you." She reaches her hand out for me to shake, I almost shake it until I see the shining diamond on her ring finger. "Emily this is Lucy, my fiancé."

I feel my heart fall, and my breathing stops.

I guess I had been wrong, Luke wasn't mine, he hasn't been for a long time what the hell was I thinking?

I knew he was dating a little bit but engaged? When the hell did this happen?
I grab my purse and stand to my feet "I'm sorry I've got to get going." I quickly walk away from the table, I hear Luke say my name but the ringing in my ears drowns out his voice. Once in outside I can breath a little bit but I feel as if I'm going to be sick.

"Emily please don't do this." Luke speaks as he walks through the door, jogging after me.

"You were my home Luke. But I guess that was where I went wrong. I never should have let you become my everything because I have absolutely no fucking clue how to live without you in my life. I lost myself loving you.. I'm sorry but I just can't do this, I can't be happy for you. I can't be your friend when I'm hopelessly in love with you."

I didn't want to end this like most fanfics do with the wedding and kids bullshit lol I wanted it to be different.

But because I feel bad for breaking them up and such there is going to be an alternate ending for those who wanted to see them together.