Twenty-One

Luke

Seeing my son for the first time in about a year brought me back the joy that I had been missing in my life, the second I held him again I felt like every missing piece in my life had been filled.

"Carly has signed this, it basically just says she's handing over custody to you and she has no rights unless you want her to." Carly's mother hands me the sheet of paper with Carly's signature. Part of me wanted to keep him from her like she did to me, but I wasn't a bad person and he needed his mom in his life just as much as he needed me.

I stare at the empty line where I needed to sign and feel all of my emotions wash over me, as soon as I sign that line I had the chance to be a father again, I was finally getting my life in order.

I take the pen off of the table and press the ink to the paper and watch as my hand moves, forming my signature onto the paper.

"He's all yours." She smiles at me sadly, she gives Jackson a kiss on the forehead and leaves me alone with him, he looks up at me and I smile at the sight of his big blue eyes, he looked so much like me.
"Hi buddy." I coo at him, he smiles back up at me and waves.
It was hard to believe that he was already almost two, I had missed most of his firsts but I promise myself that I wouldn't miss anymore, nothing could take him away from me now. I just hoped Emily would still want to be around, because all I want is her and Jackson. Scratch that, all I need is her and Jackson. I know that she's only 17 now, but there wasn't anyone else in this world that I wanted more than that girl, I want her for the rest of my life.

"Lets get you home buddy."

-

-

-

Work let me take a few days off this week so I could get jack settled in and so I could set his room up, I thankfully had an extra room. It was full of Calum's junk but I'm sure he wouldn't mind me putting it in storage for a little while.

I laid on my stomach on the floor pushing around a toy truck that o had just bought jack at the store, he didn't want anything to do with it though he was too interested in a empty ramen noodle box from the kitchen. I chuckle at him, he laughs as he tips over the box. He then picks up the box and places it on his head, I get my phone out and snap a photo sending it to the guys.

The door swings open, Emily walks in and smiles down at me "What in the world are you doing on the floor playing with children's toys for?" She then notices Jackson and gives me a confused look "Is this.." I nod before she finishes what she was saying.

"He looks just like you."

I think I'm ending this soon i legit have no ideas for it :,(