Fifteen

Luke

I couldn't tell Emily goodbye when I left this morning and that really sucked, but she wouldn't talk to me and plus she was at school when I was boarding the plane. I tried calling her a couple of times but I gave up in respect that she was still upset with me and I felt like shit for the way I blew up on her last night so I didn't blame her if she ignored me for a while. I was mentally and physically exhausted by the time I finally landed back home, the town was the same but somehow different at the same time.
It really didn't feel like home anymore, maybe it was because I had spent so much time in London that it became home to me.

I didn't expect Jack and Celeste to be the one to pick me up from the airport since Dad told me that he would be the one to do it. "Jesus Luke did you get taller?" Celeste says, giving me a small smiling and reaching out her arms for a hug "Well I was 17 the last time I saw you so probably."
I steal a glance at my older brother who had his eyes glued to the ground, my heart dropped at the fact that he hasn't spoken a word to me or offered me a hug but I guess that was my own fault for not staying in touch the past few years.

"How's mum?" I ask as we walk towards the baggage claim "His do you think she is Luke?" Jack hisses, I swallow down the lump in my throat and quickly grab my things. I start walking behind them so that I wouldn't have to talk and piss off Jack even more.
"Can you cut him some slack for fucks sake jack." I hear Celeste mutter to jack who just shakes his head and begins to walk further ahead of her and I.
When we get to the car Jack turns up the radio so I couldn't even hear myself think, I didn't know who pissed in his cheerios this morning to make him so pissy but it was seriously getting annoying.
My phone vibrates in my pocket signaling that I had a text, Emily's name appeared on the screen so I quickly grabbed it.

From: Emily
I'm sorry I was mad, I understand that things are hard for you right now and if you need space I'm willing to give you some.

To: Emily

It's okay princess, I don't need any space I just need your support.

She didn't answer me after that, she was probably busy with schoolwork and I wasn't going to bother her. I plug my headphones into my phone and let Kurt Cobain's words take over my body.

A couple hours later we arrive to my childhood home, it was still the same way it was when I left, besides the white paint chipping off of the porch slightly.
"Are you gonna come give your old man a hug or just stare at the house all night?" I hear my father speak from the doorway, a smile spreads across my face as I jog up to the house and bring him into a tight hug. He pats my back a couple of times as he squeezes me "I missed you son."

"I missed you too dad."

This is shit but it'll get better