Three

Luke

A bunch of children ran past me as I sat some of the gifts on the table and then I  grab the familiar curly haired toddler, I toss her into the air as she yells in excitement "How's my favorite girl?" I kiss Madeline's cheek, she giggles at the way my newly growing beard tickles her skin.

"Luke please don't kill my daughter on her third birthday." Ali says while messing up my hair.

"Fine I'll wait to do it after her birthday is over."

Ashton grabs his daughter from my hands and tells me to go grab the cake from the kitchen, so I do as I'm told even though I wanted to tell him to piss off I refrained and brought out the cake, we sang happy birthday and watched as Maddie shoved her face into her cake with excitement, it was weird that I could be so numb all the time but once I see my niece I'm a totally different person.
I take a picture of her and I and then post it to my Facebook and twitter before I hear a knock on my door, I ignore it because it was probably Bryan coming around to score some weed and I was a bit too occupied at the moment, I couldn't be selling dope at Ashton's daughters birthday party.

"Luke, some girls here!" Calum yells. I was curious as to why a girl would show up here the only girls I even hung out with were already here, including Carly who I don't talk to but she has tried all afternoon to speak to me.

I make my way to the door and see Emily standing there biting her lip, I smile until I see her tear stained cheeks so I walk out into the hallway with her, shutting the door behind me "Sorry I didn't know there was a party going on or else I wouldn't have showed up."

"It's fine, why have you been crying?"

She chuckles "Its stupid, I shouldn't be crying over it." She plops herself down so she's sitting on the floor so I join her.

"Tell me, I'm sure it's not stupid."

I grab her hand and rub my thumb on her skin, I hoped that she wouldn't pull away.

"Arzaylea and Bryan are hooking up again and I'm just upset because I thought he was into me, I feel stupid because I can't find a guy to just love me and want me. I told you it was stupid.." She trails off

"Erm, Arzaylea? She's like 25 and Bryan is 16."

She nods as make a disgusted face "I'm sorry, Emily."

She shrugs and cleans her face free of tears "When you're done, will you meet me on the roof?"

I nod as she gets up.

It will get good soon I promise