Eighteen

Luke

Arriving back home wasn't easy, I didn't want to go to work, I didn't want any of the guys over. I didn't even want to see Emily, I just wanted to sit in my dark apartment while I eat my emotions. I knew Emily was worried about me but I was fine, my behavior is normal for a grieving person so I didn't know why she was trying to check up on me every hour.

Maybe being all alone wasn't good for me but it was better than going out seeing people and pretending that I was fine.

I'm really not fine at all.

A knock from the door snaps my attention from the TV, the door swings open revealing Emily with her hands on her hips. "Are you going to spend the rest of your life in pajamas in front of the TV eating 2 day old pizza?"

"I guess I am." She rolls her eyes at me before stomping over to the sofa, she takes the duvet off of me and pulls on my arm. "What the hell." I mutter and try to slip out of her grasp but she was too strong and too stubborn to let go. "You're getting a shower, shaving that god awful beard and then were going out to dinner with your friends."

I huff and stay standing where I am, she sighs and let's go of me. "They miss you Luke. I miss you." Her voice cracks a little causing me to close my eyes and bring her into my arms.

"I know it hurts luke, but you have to try to get through it. Don't let it consume you it will only get worse. Please don't let this destroy the amazing person you are, I can't watch you do this to yourself its hurting for you but this is also hurting the people that care about you."

I feel her tears fall on to my shoulder so I kiss her head "I'm sorry." She let's go from the hug and shakes her head "No, you didn't do anything wrong baby." I press my lips on her for a moment before sitting down on to the couch.

"It just hurts so much, no matter how drunk I get the image of her taking her last breathe keeps fucking replaying over and over again in my head. I wish I could wake up with amnesia just so it won't have to hurt anymore."