Chapter 4

I adjusted my head slightly before slowly peeling open my eyes to gaze at the glaring sun through the window.  I turned to look at the figure beside me, watching him sleep soundly. He looked so peaceful, so serene.   I smiled, lightly tracing his lips until his eyes flickered open to look at me.

“What are you doing?” he asked, and then yawned.  He sat up and I sat up with him, dragging the sheets with me to cover my breast.

“Nothing,” I murmured. He smirked and moved forward to press light kisses along my neck.   “Connor, we have to go.  You have a press conference today.”

He lifted his head up to look down at me.  “A press conference for what?”

“To tell everyone that I’m not your mistress,” I explain.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  Well it can wait…” he concluded.

“No it can’t.  I have to get going, because I can’t be caught leaving your apartment,” I replied.  He sighed and pressed a kiss against my lips surprising me.

“Well, you can leave in five minutes or an hour.  It doesn’t matter to me.”

“How about now, I’m going to get dressed and leave.  Can you drive me home?  We have to get going before the media comes around.  If I’m caught leaving your apartment at…” I turned my head and looked at the clock beside his bed. “6 in the morning, they’ll definitely think something going on with us.”

“Something is going on with us.”

I smiled. “Right…”  I touched his cheek, bringing his lips to mine for one finally kiss. After that was accomplished I slipped from his huge bed and padded off to the bathroom.  Turning the water on hot, I stepped into the bathroom and began to bath.  I was surprised when Connor didn’t follow me into the shower.  Instead I finished and walked into the room to see that he was fully dressed. When he saw me enter the room, he smiled at my appearance.

“You look good,” he complimented and I blushed. He approached me and pulled me into his arms and gave me a kiss.  We were kissing a lot now and I loved it.

“I have some clothes that Caitlyn left here that I think you can fit.  You have so many more curves than her, but I don’t have any underwear so you’ll have to go commando until we get to your flat.”

I nodded and looked at the clothes he had set off for me.  It was a peach colored dress suit, and it looked too frilly for me.  I was more of a darker color kind of gal to be honest. 

With a sigh I picked up the clothes and dropped the towel.  With him watching me I slowly slipped into the clothes.  Once I was finished I took a look at myself in his full length mirror.

“How do I look?” I asked with a teasing smile.

“Like my future wife,” he murmured. I spun around on my toes and looked at him, my smile quickly dropping to a frown.

“What did you say?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

He shook his head.  “Nothing important, we better get out of here.  We can go through the back and take the Porsche because it has tinted windows,” he said. He took my hand and led me down into a separate elevator and out to a garage.  He took his keys out and pressed a button on them to unlock the doors. 

He went to the driver’s side and opened the door.  “I will never get used to the passenger’s side being over here,” I remarked and opened the car door and slide in.

“Americans,” he chuckled lightly, causing me to roll my eyes. WE rode in his car silently, not discussing anything at had happened the past few hours.  I didn’t really want to think much of it.  I felt something for him, Yes, but I didn’t know how deep those feelings ran.  It was hard to really tell.