Chapter 16

"Problems within the Prince's marriage?" the reporter questioned.   I was currently sitting in Connor's living room while he was away in the United States.  I had yet to agree to moving in with him, but I was staying with him.

It was like I had moved in, but my things weren't here yet.   I just thought moving in together would be a little too fast, especially automatically following his divorce. 

I turn off the television and walk back towards his bedroom.  I always wondered why Caitlyn never lived with him.   He had his own apartment and she had her own apartment,  and they had a joint apartment.  Their marriage looked arranged from a person on the outside.  

My cellphone began to vibrate,  catching my attention and I quickly picked up and answered.  

"Hello? " I say,  lowering the volume on the television before focusing all of my attention on my cellular phone.

"Ello Beautiful, " Connor's smooth timber voice spoke.  

I giggle to myself and sigh contently.  "Hey, Connor," I reply,  my voice softening.

"I'm on the plane right now,  and I just wanted to hear your voice before we took off."

"Well,  you're hearing it...I miss you." 

"I miss you too, love.   I miss seeing you darling."

"So how was the conference? "

"Same thing everytime. I can't really discuss any of it.  For now It's completely confidential. "

"Seems interesting.  You know, you made the news," I mention standing up and walking through the living room.  I step inside of his bedroom and fall back onto his bed. 

"I luh you, " I coo into the phone in a soft baby tone. 

I received an adorable, amused chuckle from him that caused my heart to lurch. 

"I love you too, sweetheart.  Love is a rather strong word and I plan to tell you very strongly just how much I do love you for hopefully the rest of my life."

"Sometimes life has different plans for you." I throw it out as a challenge, but I don't really mean it. I wanted to be with him for a very long time, but the odds were against us.

"Don't say stuff like that Jenny.  I love you, you've got to know that by now.  I love you more than can be explained."

"I didn't say you didn't Connor. Somebody has to be pessimistic."

"No... we can both be optimistic and happy and in love.  We deserve a little happiness. "

"That we do. I'm going to go to bed," I say, glancing around the room to the window glaring out of it at the dark night sky. 

"Okay, honey.  I'll see you tomorrow,  I love you. "

"I love you, too. Good night Connor. "

"Good night, sweetheart. " I ended the call and toss my phone on Connor's night stand.  Tonight was going to be a long night considering the fact that my mind was replete with thoughts of Connor.  He always made it difficult for me to focus.  I climb off the bed,  getting ready to take a nice relaxing shower and get some much needed shut eye.

                             ***

                       Connor's POV

"Peter I want to schedule a press conference for tomorrow afternoon, " I say, glancing up at him.  

"Okay,  what is this press conference about? " he asks.