Chapter 23

"You're pregnant?" he asked me his eyes widening in surprise.   I didn't know what to say to him.   I was still trying to come to terms with the fact that he was awake.   His mother rarely called me, because it was safer that way, so I didn't know what was going on with Connor.  

For the past four months I've been stressed out and it wasn't good for the baby.   I put most my time into the baby.  I wasn't allowed to leave the premises of the ranch so I roamed it with Samuel.  Samuel was the only thing keeping me from going absolutely berserk with worry assuring me that Connor was fine, but it didn't stop the worry.

Now that he was safely in front of me it gave me some peace of mind.   I was happy,  joyous and excited.  As he looked down at me with an incredulous look upon his face his return also left me worried.  

"Can we talk inside?" I say softly, touching his hand, which was still pressed against my belly.  I was pregnant,  Yes.  Months ago I wasn't quite excited,  I was probably the least excited person.

I wasn't ready for a baby or marriage,  and with Connor being shot and in a coma things turned for the worse.  I just wanted things to go back to normal and now there was no chance of that. 

But I was happy now,  I had a long talk with Emily and she was excited, and it made me excited.  I was excited that at least one person understood and supported me. 

Connor slowly removed his hands from my belly and I turned grabbing his hand and led him pass Samuel and into the house. 

I made my way up the staircase to my bedroom,  shutting the door behind us.  I let go of Connor's hand only to turn around wrapping my arms around him. 

"Don't you ever do that!" I cry into his shirt.  I knew it wasn't his fault, but it didn't appease the way that I felt. Tears flowed from my eyes as I squeezed him tighter to me.

His hands soothingly brushed my hair as he comforted me. "I love you," he whispered.  I glance up at him and he was looking down at me with a look of sorrow.

He reached up and gently brushed away the tears from my cheek. "I love you so much, Jenny. " He paused his hands falling to my belly once again.  "And I will love our baby. " He smiled proudly. 

"I love you Connor.  I am pregnant, I wasn't exactly happy at the beginning,  but now I absolutely have no doubt in my mind about this baby.  I love the child that we created out of love.   I'm not sure how this will work or how the outcome may be,  but I don't care.   I'm happy." I watch him as he processed my little speech.  His looked down at me his eyes glowing with an intense look.

"We could run away together. Like we talked about.  We could raise this baby on an island, away from everything,  and give him or her a normal life."

"It sounds wonderful, but it's easier said than done.  The world will realize that the Prince is missing, they will look for you."

He smiled at me," We'll figure things out as they go. Let's just be happy right now.  Let's not think about the world,  let's think about us." He brought me back into his arms hugging me tightly. 

I felt him press his mouth to my hair as we stood there silently in each other's embrace. The moment was perfect. For the first time in four months I felt safe,  I felt happy.  I just wanted to be happy.   I didn't care about the money,  the royalty,  the fame or anything else,  I just wanted to be happy.  With Connor I was happy.

I pulled away slightly looking up at him.   His blue eyes were glowing with what I interpreted as love. He leaned forward pressing his lips to mine.  He gave me a soft peck before pulling away and giving me a smile.  I reach up, cupping his cheeks and bringing his face back down to mine.