Chapter 31

“Miss Turner!” Thomas called from the living room.  Sighing heavily I toss the shirt I was folding aside and wiggle off the bed.  The added pregnancy weight made it harder for me to do certain things including simply standing from a sitting position. Now that I was 32 weeks along it was becoming more and more of a struggle.  I waddle into the living room and look at Thomas who was staring intently at a laptop screen.

“What are you looking at?” I ask, approaching the couch where he was seated.  He looked up at me and smiled happily. 

“Look,” he urged and held up the laptop. I glanced at the screen reading the article that was published this morning.

Caitlyn Middleton caught on camera admitting that the baby she is carrying is actually not Prince Middleton’s. 

There was a video included with the article and Thomas clicked on it.  I took a seat next to him, creasing my brows as I stared at the screen completely engrossed in the video that was playing.

“Are you fucking kidding me Cole?” Caitlyn growled and pointed her finger venomously at Cole.  She jabbed his chest several times receiving a grunt of irritation from him. 

“Caitlyn I can’t keep doing this.  I’m a doctor for heaven’s sake. I can’t keep lying about this. I have to fucking pretend some fucking prick fathered my child.  I love you and the money is…” He sighed and ran his hands over his eyes in frustration.  “Very good, but I can’t keep doing this.”

“Our child will have a better future because of this Cole.  Imagine the future, this is easy money.  I can’t turn back now Cole. This baby is Connor’s.”

“That’s my fucking baby."

“I know it’s your baby biologically, but it’s Connor’s baby to the world and to us.”  She nodded, urging him to agree. 

“I wish we could –" 

I close the laptop, not wanting to hear anymore.  I was flabbergasted to say the least, but most of all, I was relieved. I loved Connor no matter what, but I didn’t want that she-devil carrying his heir.

“What does this mean?” I question looking over to Thomas. 

“Miss Caitlyn will no longer be a problem.” He smirked and took the laptop away from me.

“That’s fucking fraud Thomas,” I say still a little surprised.

“I know,” he grinned.  He stood and sat the laptop on top of the coffee table. I close my eyes and rest my head on the back of the couch.  I couldn’t help, but smile at the shred of justice that Connor had gotten.  We had gotten only part, all of them belonged in jail including his fucking dad.

They were going to pay for every single thing that they did to him. To me.  To us.

There was a knock at the door and I stood up and watched as Thomas answered it.  With a happy smile on her face Emily waltzed through the door.

“Did you see the news?  It’s everywhere darling,” she said and clapped happily.

“Yes, I saw.  I’m surprised you did.  I’m so happy to see you,” I say and open my arms embracing her in a warm hug.

“I’m glad to see you’re not crying anymore,” she murmured in my ear.

Sighing, I pull away and turn around walking towards the couch.  “I really need to sit down my feet are killing me.”

She chuckled and joined me on the couch.  “Yes, of course.   How are you holding up? How’s the baby?”

“Aria is fine,” I answer and close my eyes and rest my head against the back of the couch. “She’s been moving around a lot.  How’d it go with Connor’s father?  I haven’t seen you in weeks, I was worried.”