Chapter 7: (Connor's P.O.V) Say Something

I tried calling her one last time, but she never picked up the phone. She had been in the States for what seemed like forever, but it was only a couple of months. After her mother died she went back to Georgia to bury her and I gave her the time to slowly become accustomed to not having her mother around.

When she didn't come back after two months I figured that she was still coping, but then two more months passed and I became worried. Worried that she wouldn't come back. Back to me. After listening to her voicemail for the seventh time today I ended the call and threw my phone at the wall. I was frustrated that I didn't know where she was or her what she was doing. There was a knock on my door , and then it opened.

I looked up to see my fiancée standing at the door. Her eyes shifted from the cellphone to my face. She sighed and crashed down on one of the sofas in the room.

"Connor, darling what happened to us? We were absolutely in love and now..."

"Now what?" I ask cocking a brow.

"Now." She paused briefly staring at her engagement ring. "You're in love with another woman." She looked up at me, a slight sadness in her voice. I knew it was painful for her to say and it was painful for me to hear. In love with Jennifer?

I shook my head dismissing the idea. It was crazy and it couldn't be true. I haven't known Jennifer for long, and we were from two completely different worlds. I knew that I had feelings for her, but those feelings were not ones of love. I would've noticed if I was in love. I looked over at Caitlyn surprised that she even knew about Jennifer.

I cheated on Caitlyn quite a bit, but I tried to keep my infidelity secretive.

"Connor, you're not as secretive as you think. I've known about your affairs and your lying and I accepted them. People with power and money do these sort of things and I understand. I let you have your fun, but I wasn't expecting you to fall for the whore. Out of all people to screw and fall in love with you had to choose Jennifer." She shook her head in disappointment. "But I guess you like your mistresses of the darker variety."

I ignored the racial slur and looked at her incredulously. "Caitlyn-"

"You don't have to explain anything, just enjoy your little whore. You know what hurts Connor?" When I didn't respond she smiled and continued," The fact that I have to pretend so much. It gets annoying, the least you could do is do a better job of covering your affairs up. If it gets out that you're having sex with her, I'll be the one who has to clean up the mess."

"Caitlyn--"

She stood up and walked into my closet, pulling out my suitcase. I watched her take clothes out and sit them on the bed. "Finish packing up, we're going to Georgia," she said, and then walked out.

Who was she? This wasn't the same Caitlyn I had met years ago and proposed to. This Caitlyn seemed conniving, sneaky and untrustworthy. I knew Caitlyn loved me for what I could give her, but I didn't know it had become this bad. One point in time I had assumed that we loved each other, when we were at University together. Sweethearts back then and my parents loved her, I did too, but so many things had happened since then.

Not only was I seeing her differently, but she knew about Jennifer. She knew about the affair and my growing feelings for her. I sat on the bed and rested my head in my hands, my mind trying to process exactly what I had just heard.

I knew it would probably be a bad idea. She probably wouldn't like me coming, flying over to Georgia to see her, but I wanted to see her I had to see her. I loved her. The realization made me confused, but sure at the same time. I was in love with her.