Chapter 21: One Day.

*Chase's POV*

I jumped threw the newly smashed window. The research building was this huge thing that seemed to have only have one impossible entrance. So we just gave up and smashed a window.  It made up for the time lost while in Subway.

"There is glass everywhere now!" Andrew whined from behind me.

"No, shit Sherlock." A solider said behind us.

Smirking at Andrew, I nudged him. "You just got told by gun powder nose!" 

He glared at me but I just laughed. 

"Lets just find the stupid thing and leave, this place just gives me bad feelings." A solider shivered behind me and I rolled my eyes. Wimp. 

"So where do we start looking?" Andrew asked once everyone and gotten through the window. 

Shrugging I turned to the rest of the group. "Any clues?" 

They just shook their heads. 

Sighing I ran a hand through my hair. It was so much longer then normal and would piss the hell out of me. I couldn't see!

"Do they have a place where they keep all the files for research?" 

"Beats me, plus I have no idea where that would be." 

We all stood and thought about where to start. 

"Why don't we start with the main office? They might have papers and shit we can look at that could possible help." A solider spoke up after a few moments of silence.

Considering it, I crossed my arms. "Yeah, seems like the only logical answer at the moment." 

We all started to walk out of the room and into the hallway. The lights flickered most of them barley hanging from the ceiling. They swung back and forth, hypnotizing you with the swaying. 

One of them sparked and we all jumped. 

"Right?" A solider asked once we reached a fork in the path.

"No we should go left." Another interjected.

"Right!"

"Left!" 

"Shut up." I scolded them. "Rock, paper, scissors." 

They both gave me funny looks before turning to each other and playing the little game.

"Alright, we go left." I stated when it was decided. 

The walls echoed in weird noises. Bouncing off the once white and into the shadows. Sometimes I really wondered why things just seemed to do that. Die. I never really wondered why they did. 

I read this thing where it said we are born with 2 fears naturally, Falling and loud noises. To me, this was bullshit. I wasn't scared of those. I was never scared of the fall itself but that no one would be there to help me up. I wasn't afraid of loud noises, I'm afraid of silence. Noises mean something else is there. That I'm not completely alone. I realized later on, that I'm scared of being alone.

A tapping on the wall brought me back to the present. Some how we had made it to the office and I hadn't even noticed. 

"Stop fidgeting and sit still." Andrew told the soldier that was currently thumping his finger on the wall beside him.

"What if there is zombies in here?" He asked looking around in all directions before returning to his tapping. 

"Then we kill them!" Andrew replied before grabbing the soldiers hand, "Alerting them that we are here will not help the situation so I advise you to quit it."