Chapter 8: A Bad Person.

*Rachel's POV*

Andrew sat quietly by the window. Clearly thinking about what was going on downstairs at the moment.

"You like her, don't you?" I asked.

He turned to face me with a stone expression. 

"It's fine, I get it, I like you wayyyyyy better then Chase anyways. She needs someone like you."  I replied truthfully. It hurt me to set up someone like him with Rory since I really wanted him but, come on, it was clear he was head over heels for her. 

"What's wrong with Chase?" he asked.

I stifled a laugh, "I used to date him, he was a huge jerk though. Just went to me when he was lonely. Rory was the only girl he couldn't get so of course, he wanted her. He is like a wildcard. I don't know if he really loves Rory or if she is just another achievement to him."

He nodded.

"Chase doesn't like to talk about feelings and such. He's so to-himself type of guy that I think he might care for her a lot but like I said he is a wildcard. He's changed a lot since Leo died though, he... matured." 

Andrew looked back out the window, deep in thought.  His eyebrows were knotted and his eyes were trained outside but looked to be seeing something entirely different then the gloomy world. 

*Andrew's POV* 

Listening to Rachel speak about Chase made me think that even though she wasn't interested in him, she wanted someone. 

It also made me think, I wanted Rory.

I laid in my sleeping bag for awhile. Just thinking. A little while later Rory came upstairs and sat by the window. She didn't notice I wasn't asleep and she started talking to herself.

"Stupid, stupid." she mumbled, rubbing her eyes. 

Watching her closely I saw tears rolling down her face. I stared at her through one open eye. Debating on getting out of bed and asking her what was wrong. 

Finally deciding that I couldn't watch her cry anymore I sat up and went beside her. She looked up at me with teary eyes. I leaned down and sat on the chair beside her. Wrapping my arms around her, she sobbed quietly, clearly trying to stop the flowing tears.

Rubbing her back and kissing her head, I said soothing words.  I never tried to comfort someone when they broke down but I thought I was doing an alright job.

"I'm...sorry." She said through sobs, lifting her head.

"It's fine." I replied.

After awhile I asked her what was wrong.

She shook her head, "I...don't....want.. to... talk about...it."

Nodding, I returned to comforting her. She fell asleep awhile later and I scoped her up. Placing her in her sleeping bag. I went to find Chase.  

Walking down the stairs I saw a very frustrated looking Chase. Crossing my arms and leaning on the doorway, I coughed to let him know I was there. "What did you do?" I asked when he faced me.

"What makes you think I did something?"

I rolled my eyes at him and gestured upstairs. "Rory just came to me very, very, very upset and it seems like you would be the caused, eh?" 

"It's none of you god damn business." He growled, leaning over the counter, looking about ready to blow up.  

"It is my business when she is crying." 

His face softened and he looked hurt, "She was crying?"

I nodded. "And trying very hard not to, now what would be the reason?" 

He shook his hand. Running a hand though his hair, he looked back at me. "I told her... that I just wanted to be in a friends with benefits type of relationship"

I looked at him horrified. "You what?"

"I said-"

"No, I know what you said I just can't believe it."

There was a moment of silence.

"Dude," He looked at me while I spoke "You're fucked."

He nodded, "I know." 

"No, clearly you don't. If she wanted that type of relationship she would have came to you earlier." 

He cursed.... and cursed....and punched a wall....and cursed......and cursed....and sat on the floor....and cursed. 

Leaning his head back, his knees tucked towards him and his arms resting on them, he sighed. "I really screwed up."

I nodded and went upstairs to where the girls were sleeping. I laid down in my sleeping bag. Smirking. I guess you could call me a bad person since I was pretty happy at the current events that happened that evening.

But I was just being truthful.