Chapter 4: Getting Out.

*Rachel's POV*

I stared down at the living God on my couch. He was just so... handsome that I couldn't help but want to stare at him right when I woke up. I sighed, damn I just wanted to jump his bones. He smirked and I quickly stood up from my hovering position. 

"Staring at me in my sleep?" He asked while stretching. I watched all his muscles flex then relax. Quickly I wiped my mouth to make sure I wasn't drooling. 

I blushed realizing that he did ask me a question. "Uh, no?" I said but it sounded more like a question since I was distracted by the fact he was sitting with no shirt on and some low hung jeans. Holy crap he is gorgeous.

I ran to the kitchen to try and calm down my crazed hormones. He followed behind me and leaned against a counter. 

"So what's the deal with Rory and Chase?" He asked

I shrugged. "They want to be a couple but I think Rory can't handle it."

He knotted his eyebrows together. "Why?"

"Well, everyone close to her has died so far so she has like a fear for Chase to become close to her."

"Who has died?"

"Mom and Dad died when she was young and her brother died two years ago." I quickly closed my mouth, I really shouldn't be telling a stranger all this stuff about her. I guess his overly hot body made me want to just keep talking. Wow I'm pathetic. 

"Is her brother the one that the vase is for?" 

I nodded sadly then shook my head quickly. No getting sad Rachel. Snap out of it.

"How?"

"Well, When the infection started 5 years ago we all had to move. Me, Rory, Chase and Leo, her brother, We all just kind of ended up together. Since the camp we needed to get to be safe was a long way away we had to go across a lot of land. In fact it took almost 3 years to get here. We were almost there when things turned bad. The infected were right behind us and we were running for the gates, screaming at them to open. They all refused since there was a chance that upon opening they wouldn't be able to close the door quick enough to not let the infected in. Leo yelled at us to keep going while he went another way, taking the infected with him. So he did that and it worked but he never showed up at the gates again like he was supposed to." 

He nodded slowly. 

I wiped away my tears and looked at him sadly. He walked over to me and let me lean him. 

"Sorry." I said still choking on silent sobs.

"It's fine."

"Can you go wake up Chase and Rory, I made some breakfast. They probably both in the room on the right in the hallway." I said knowing I wouldn't be able to walk without my legs giving out. 

"Together?" 

"Yea, every since the incident, Rory has had a lot of trouble sleeping and Chase is the only one to calm her down. She was getting better for awhile there but kind of plummeted when we hit the anniversary."

He nodded slowly then left my side. It suddenly felt cold when he left. I shivered then went back to finishing up breakfast.

*Rory's POV*

The sun shined in my face when I woke up. There was an annoying voice at the doorway telling me to get the fuck up but I just decided to ignore it and cuddle closer to the warmth of the bed. Eventually the voice went next to the bed and shook me. 

"Fuck off." I said in a sleepy tone.

It laughed and I just turned the other way. 

"Get up!" The voice screamed.

I winced from the loudness and kicked Chase. "Make it go away."

He laughed then sat up. Pulling a shirt from the floor over his head. "What do you want Andrew?" Chase said.

"Rachel told me to come and wake you guys up for breakfast." 

Chase nodded and then told Andrew we would be there in a second. Andrew shrugged then left to whenever it is Andrew went to. Presumably the kitchen.

"Come on get up." Chase said while standing up and stretching.

I groaned and rolled so I could look at him. "5 more minutes?" 

"You know if you're not out there soon, Rachel is going to come in here and kick your ass." He sat back on the bed and laid down beside me so he could look at my face.

I nodded, "Yea, I know but I'm still sleepy," yawning to prove it.

He smiled at me. His smile was so breath taking. It lit up his whole face and I loved that I was the only one who always got that smile. 

"Come on lazy ass." He smacked my butt and went to the door.

I sat up instantly and glared at him. "No touching." 

"That's not what you said last night when you crawled into bed with me." He smirked and ran out the door.

I got up for my sleepy state and ran after him. "We didn't even do anything! We just slept!" I yelled.

I continued to run and stumbled into the kitchen. Rachel and Andrew were standing there talking in hush tones but I didn't see Chase.

Feeling hands around my waist I instantly relaxed knowing that it was Chase by the smell and that weird (amazing) feeling I got whenever he was close to me. 

Rachel looked back over to us and smiled. "The food is on the table." 

We all nodded and went to sit down on our lawn chairs. 

Rachel had made some soup and crackers. It was amazing but I couldn't focus on the taste really. Chase had his hand on my thigh and it made me reconsider the "no touching" rule I made awhile ago. 

We all were laughing when a siren made us all drop our forks and run to the window. 

All the search lights where on and sirens were blaring. Looking at each other we all nodded (expect Andrew  who just looked confused) and went to grab our backpacks. 

Rachel went to the kitchen to pack and I went to grab clothes while Chase went to grab any other stuff. 

"What's going on?" Andrew asked while following me into Chase's room.

"There's been an breach."

He stuttered a little still looking confused. "A breach? By the infected? How are you guys so sure?" 

"Andrew, over those 3 years getting here we did a lot more then just travel. We found information about the infected. We knew that they were getting more powerful as the years went by. Why else would we live on the most dangerous street?"

"Huh? I'm lost."

"This street is one of the easiest one's to get in...and get out."