Chapter 3: Are You Infected?

*Andrew's POV*

I winced in pain, glaring at my hurt leg. It was bleeding down the side and had a huge gash in it. I guess this is what I get for street-fighting. Why can't there be more money around? Then I wouldn't have to fight. Plus, I should have won. That guy was a wimp and used a knife. Fucking asshole.

I should find something to clean it and shit, instead of sitting on a park bench staring at it. I got up and wobbled to the sidewalk.

"Hey, have anything to clean a cut?" I asked one of the shopkeepers.

The lady looked at me in disgust. "You infected?" she asked while backing up.

"Yes, that's why I'm seizuring on the floor right now." I said in a duh tone.

The girl glared at me. "Whatever, smart ass. And no, we ran out of supplies for the week, everyone is getting infected lately and they are all trying to heal themselves before the soldiers find them."

I sighed angrily. "Well, who can I go to for help?"

The lady thought for a second before replying. "Rory."

"Rory?" I asked.

"Yes."

I growled, "Who is Rory?"

"Someone who can help you."

"Alright, where can I find him?"

The girl glared at me. "Her and she is on 56th, apartment 6B."

I gave her a questioning look. "No one lives in that part of town, I heard it's the least safe in the city."

"You heard correct, I don't know why she lives there but she does."

I nodded and said my thank you's before turning in the direction of the most likely infected area.

It was a 40 minute walk. Well it would have been like a 10 minute one but the stupid check-stops take forever.

The alley that her house was on was extremely deserted. There was eerie windows that had torn up curtains, which would move a little every now and again. It was creepy as fuck.

All the cars were either on the side of the road or crashed into another.

Lifting my gaze from a ripped apart.. human I think..... I looked at the house. Apartment, 7 floors. This must be it. Walking to the doors I took a deep breath. Someone would have to be crazy to live here.

I walked down the hallway to the right door. There was no sound on the other side. Knocking I started panicking. What if she is infected?

There was a moan on the other side of the door and before I knew it a girl appeared in my sight of view. Her hair was messed up and her eyes had circles under them. She was quite a bit shorter then me and had dark brown hair. She squinted her brown eyes at me. Making it seem like she just woke up. I guess I should be worried that she would shoot me since she had a gun ready and aimed at my chest, but it just made her look cuter.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"Andrew."

Her eyebrow raised and she gave me a weird look. It made her look so adorable, like an innocent puppy. Clearly this girl was 18 or so since she was so cute looking.

"Why are you here?" She still had the gun aimed.

"I need Rory's help, I kind of," I gestured to my leg, "got hurt."

She put the gun down and smiled. "Well, hello, Andrew, my name is Rory." She held out her hand and I shook it.

"Who is at the door?" A voice said from inside. A guy swiftly walked up behind her and glared at me. He had icy hazel eyes and looked about ready to knock me out. I smirked, there was no way he could. Sure he was way buffer then me put I knew my way around a fist. The guy put an arm around Rory and her smile dropped slightly before she removed his arm.