Chapter 15: No Turning Back.

*Rory's POV*

His arms were wrapped around me, crushing, but comforting. The rain poured down on us. Lifting my head off his chest he looked at me intently. His hair was hanging in his face so it covered one of his hazel eyes. He pulled me closer to him, tightening his arms around my waist. I threw my hands around his neck and tugged his mouth closer to mine. 

It all happened in slow monition. He was getting closer to my lips and I just closed my eyes. Brushing my lips against mine, his breath felt hot. He stopped for a millisecond before...

"Hey, it's raining we need to get going!" Andrew yelled from the car.

Chase stopped and lent his forehead against mine. I smiled slightly and he did as well before moving away, taking my hand, I followed him back to the car.

"What toke you guys so long?" Andrew asked when we were finally on the road again. 

"The infected didn't attack me and I have no idea why." I said while buckling up my seatbelt, trying to change the subject.

"What did the research say exactly?" Andrew asked, leaning on his arm. "Like what were the exact words?" 

"That's what I was thinking, I think we either read the wrong files or didn't read them correctly." I said nodding, kind of agreeing with Andrew.

"So what do we do?" Chase said. He was driving lazily with one hand. 

We stayed silent for a moment. Each of us thinking about the question.

"I think we need to revisit that research station." I said, gazing at the passing surroundings, "But the problem is that the place we went to is in the other direction of the camp so we would have to backtrack to get information."

"Well, we shouldn't do that since it would take a really fucking long time and I'm not sure when the zombies are going to get impossible to kill. If we are stuck in a research facility with a whole bunch of zombies that don't die, the trip would be pointless. So what we should do is just get to the camp and get them to help us." 

We all nodded and silently agreed that turning back would be a terrible idea. We stayed silent after that. 

To be honest, to was all a blur. We traveled and traveled and traveled. No one knew what to say really, so we were silent the whole trip. It wasn't a good silence. Made it seem like we were all alone even though we had 2 other people right there. Silence does that to people. It made us think more, made us realize that we didn't have much longer before the end. Before we were finally safe. I like to think that's the reason we kept going but I know it's not correct. We kept going over that long distance because we had to. There wasn't really any other way to look at it. We had to keep going, like it was a responsibility or a duty. There was nothing stopping us from turning around and.... and.... that's it. The "and" was why we kept going. That single "and". Because of that "and" had nothing after it, we had no choice. We had no where to go and even though we had the key to survival, it didn't help the silence. Silence. Back to, fucking, silence. It was everywhere. Ever since the infection it seemed to rule the world. You would expect the infection itself to defeat the silence but yet, the disease was not nearly as scary as silence. 

Scary.... A word I had long forgotten. Until today, the day everything changed. And when I mean everything I mean EVERYTHING. Everything. Let me say that this, this right here is a warring. That once a choice is finally made, there is no turning back. Just remember that. It's kind of important....