Chapter 5: Die a Few Years Later.

*Rory's POV*

We all met at the front door holding our packs. Nodding at each other, we then turned to Andrew.

"Do you want to come?" Rachel asked with a hopeful tone.

He shrugged. "Hey, with what you guys say is happening... why stay?" 

Rachel smiled and opened the front door. Having her gun drawn she stepped out and walked to the staircase. The lights were out in the building so it was dark and very eerie. We all walked as quickly and silently as we could. 

"Where are we going?" Andrew asked.

"You ask a lot of questions... but we, don't know, we do know that we need to leave before this camp is overrun by zombies." Rachel explained while exiting the building.

He nodded and appeared to be in deep thought while we dodged the search lights.

Once we got to the gate we would have to find a way around 5 guards, a single search light and a big ass gate. The sirens were still going off so the guards would probably just shoot anything that moved. Which at the moment, included us. 

With the way the guards were patrolling we would have to take out 2 in order to get to the gate and not be caught by the light. 

Chase grabbed the first one and choked him out. Rachel checked him for supplies and then signaled to go on to another. 

I stayed behind a little to look at the guy. I always felt sad for those that had to die. Bowing my head in appreciation I turned forward and moved on. By the time I caught up, Chase had already got the next guard and Rachel was in the midst of checking for supplies. 

We walked to the little building that had the search light on top and went through the sealed door to the other side. 

Once we finally found the 4 keys to the 4 locks on the door, we opened it and walked out. Running to a near house we stopped for a rest. That process to get past the gate took about an hour to just watch and figure out a way around and then another hour to actually do it. 

Setting out a map on the counter we all leaned in to figure out where to go from here.

"An island? Zombies can't swim." Rachel inputted.

We all looked at her.

"What about supplies? Where would we get them?"

"What if it's all ready infested?"

"I can't swim..." 

They all turned their gaze at me and I shrugged, "How was I supposed to learn?"

Sighing everyone turned silent, trying to think of the perfect place.

"How did you guys know?" Andrew asked after a few moment of silence, "About the breach?"

I turned to Chase and he nodded.

"We broke into one of their research facilities and found out that they, the government, were trying to create a cure for mental illness. It went wrong and ended up infecting almost everyone. Over the past 5 years they have been trying to get rid of this virus and for a little it was successful but before they could make a vaccine the virus got stronger. We knew the camp that we currently had our sights on would be overrun in about 10 years. Except nobody expected it to grow faster then it's current rate. It doubled  its first-off strength in the past 5 years, and by 10 years it should be absolutely impossible to kill." 

Andrew nodded and took a deep breath. "I know where we can go... My brother is head of security in a camp a really long way from here but if we go there we would at least be safe for the time being."

I looked at Rachel and Chase, they all nodded and I turned to Andrew. "Alright let's go."

Andrew winced, "Slight problem, My brother hates me."

I knotted my eyebrows. "Why?"

"Blames me for my parents death." 

"Did you kill them?"

"No..."

"So why does he blame you?"

"Cause I didn't stop it."

"Stop what?" I leaned closer to him. crossing my arms. I felt bad for prying but screw it, I was curious.     

"My mom got infected and ate my dad, Trevor blames me since I couldn't shoot my mom before she ate dad."

I nodded and leaned back. "I'm sorry."

He shrugged, "It was 3 years ago."

"It still hurts." Rachel inputted.

We all nodded and looked at him sadly. 

"Well, off across 3 states to see an angry younger brother then die a few years later... Great!" Chase clapped his hands excitedly and I smiled at him. 

"Thanks for the sum up." I said putting my hand on his shoulder. 

Andrew glanced at the exchange and coughed, "We leave in the morning."  

Turning his back on us he walked to a deeper part in the house.