Chapter 20: No Casualties.

*Andrew's POV* 

Grumbling to myself, I huffed and kicked another stone. This stupid walk was talking FOREVER! I literally felt like I had just celebrated my 100 year old birthday, it took that long.  

"Land Ho!" Someone screamed from ahead.

Everyone laughed but I just chuckled humorlessly. Yes, lets laugh at walking right to our demise. It's. So. Funny. Ha-ha. 

Fuck, I'm in a bad mood. I blame the ever so increasing chance of dying.

We stopped right on the outskirts of the research station and it's random buildings. Really random buildings... I saw a Starbucks among them. Then again, scientists seem like the crazy, caffeine driven, type of people. 

"So, the research labs are spread out over the area. Why? I have no clue, seems like a huge hassle but that's what the blueprints say. Lima-Oscar-Sierra-Tango, we go on the left side of the area. Delta-Uniform-Mike-Bravo, you have the right. Everyone be careful and remember, don't shoot unless absolutely necessary," Pausing to look at everyone, Mr. Soldier continued, "No casualties." 

We all broke out of the group and headed our separate ways. I just couldn't stop thinking that this was going to turn out bad. Splitting up was always bad. I knew this time wasn't going to be any different. We were so fucked. Simple as that.

"Be careful." I grabbed Rory's arm lightly to make her face me. 

She lifted her face to met mine. Those big brown eyes filling with confidence. Wavy brown hair swinging in the wind.

"You too Andrew." She replied before walking away with her group. 

Chase had no idea where he was going. He also ran into a sign but still just got up and kept walking. The sad part was that, that sign read "research area A" pointing to a road on the left.

"Chase?" I called out to him.

He was focused so hard on the map, he couldn't reply with words. Instead said something along the lines of a huh and what.

I flicked his ear and he hissed in pain.

"What the fuck man?" 

I pointed to the sign that had a head shape dent in it.

Chase narrowed his eyes at the sign and looked back and forth from it and the map. "Well then..." 

"You're an idiot." I said plainly before leading to the road on the left.

 Chase huffed something that would have been very offensive to signs before following as well. 

The road was barren. Like the road to Rory's and Chase's apartment. Wow, seemed like so long ago. Just yesterday I was fighting against guys that cheated with knifes. I still think I should have won. So unfair. 

"Dude! There's a subway!" Chase said almost in a squeal.

"Wow, and I thought I was the immature one..." I mumbled under my breath although not very quietly seeing as Chase glared hatefully at me before proceeding to jumping in the air. 

"Let's go there!" 

The 3 other soldiers excitedly squealed their agreement that a visit to subway would be "very benefiting". 

"Guys, the food will probably be outdated." I replied tiredly, walking faster to past the cursed-ed subway. 

Chase then turned around and ran towards the subway, all 3 soldiers skipping after him.