Baking Lesson From The 'Pro'

Hi! I can't believe how many views this book has been getting. There are over 770 views!  It is unbelievable! Thank you to everyone that has been reading this book! This chapter is dedicated to my readers!  Enjoy!
------------------
{12th day of the #Maxerica honeymoon}
[11:27 a.m.]
Maxon POV
Yesterday America and I had a very lazy day, doing absolutely nothing, just kidding! We went grocery shopping for like 2 or 3 hours.  And let me be the one to tell you, grocery shopping with America is a lot of hard work, dedication, perseverance, money, time and embarrassment.
Since America got to choose our activity yesterday, I should get to choose today's activity. But, I am  going to be a nice husband and do what America wants. America wants to teach me to bake. I think we are going to make cupcakes. She thinks that I do not  have any experience... And, sadly, that is true. I wish that all along is been taking secret baking lessons at the palace, but I had not. America and I were going to start baking around 11:45a.m. "So A-" I started, but got interrupted by the ding the of America's phone.
America help up one finger, "One sec," she paused, "It's Marlee."
Ever since the beginning of The Selection, America has had a tight friendship with Marlee. I know if America says 'Marlee,' or 'It's Marlee,' she is going to give Marlee her full attention.

America POV
Marlee just texted me. It must be urgent. She only really calls me, never texts. I look down at my phone.
Marlee: ‼️‼️‼️ URGENT! VIDEO CHAT RIGHT NOW!!
I quickly type a response.
America: Ok will do. Can Maxon hear?
Marlee: I'd rather not...
America: 👌🏼
"Hey," I say, "Maxon?"
"Hmm?" He responds
"Girl problems!" I shout at him as I start running up the stairs.
"K," Maxon shouts back.
I push open the door to my room that I'm sharing with Maxon and slam it shut behind me.  I press accept to Marlee's video call request. 
America- Ok.  I'm alone.  What do you need that is so urgent?
Marlee- I- I um was going to tell you, that...
The video call shuts off and I can't get back on.  I try to call again, but my phone won't connect.
I walk back downstairs.  "Is everything okay?" Maxon asks me. 
"Yeah," I reply glumly. 
"What happened?" Maxon asks.
I causally shrug one shoulder, "The video call stopped working right before Marlee told me what was going on."
"Do you want to start baking, to get your mind off of things?"
"Sure," I respond with no expression.
I tell Maxon what to get out and he does it for me. I'm going to teach Maxon my favorite cupcake recipe from when I was a kid, Classic cupcakes with lemon frosting. "Can you preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit?"

Maxon's POV
Shoot. I don't remember how to do this.  I taught myself how to turn on the oven, only five days ago.  How did I already forget?  "You preheat the oven? How?" I question, in total embarrassment, including the beet red face, and the pink tips of the ears.
"Really? Really Maxon?" America asks, as she gives me 'that' look.
I give her a sly smile. She doesn't return it. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long cupcake making process. I sigh and America turns on the oven by herself. She hands me some ingredients and some things that you measure with. I'm not really sure what they are called. I start pouring the flour into the cup thing. I should really ask America what they are called. "America? What are these called?" I ask, half pointing, half gesturing awkwardly to the cup.
"You don't know what a measuring cup is?" America asks in awe.
I respond sheepishly, "Uh... I do now."
The oven beeps at us telling us it is time
Finally, after an hour and a half or so, America and I finish making the batter. I think my 'ridiculous' questions made that take longer than it should have. As I'm just about to scoop some batter into the cupcake tray filled with liners, I feel something gooey drip down my back. "America..." I say with a warning tone.
She batts her eyelashes and says, "What did I do?"
As I'm just about to pour a spoonful of cupcake batter on America's head, she turns around and scares me.  I jump in fright, causing the batter to pour on my head.
The batter drips down the front of my face, into my eyes.  I wipe the cupcake batter out of my eyes and say, "Let's just get these darn cupcakes into the oven."
America and I finish scooping the batter, or what we have left of the batter, into the cupcake tray. America opens the oven and quickly shove the tray in.
Did I forget to mention? I'm afraid of ovens.
🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
America POV
I know that Maxon has know baking experience, but the ridiculous questions are kinda getting annoying. Now I have to teach Maxon how to make lemon frosting. I'm not really sure how this will go, so I guess I will just see how this plays out. Baking helped me stop worrying about Marlee.
What's wrong?
Is she sick?
Is Carter okay?
Okay, maybe it just made me worry more, way more. I really hope she's okay.
"America. America. America. America!" Maxon repeats over and over.
"Oh, sorry I spaced out there for a second. Let's start the frosting."
I was going to help, but then this was Maxon's project. I was just helping him. I told him what to do and he followed exactly, without asking any ridiculous questions. That was a surprise! A good one. We took the cupcakes out of the oven and when I mean we, I mean I did, with Maxon taking giant steps away from the oven. He finished making the frosting in 10 minutes. We got to work frosting the cupcakes. I was looking for a plastic bag, while Maxon was frosting. I cut the corner off and put frosting in it. I start to frost cupcakes with it and Maxon looks at me in awe. "You'll learn sometime Maxon," I say to you the amateur.
The final product of the cupcakes were pretty good, but not on point. He'll need just a few more lessons until he can go professional. 😉
You have to put the emphasis on few. 😂😁
------------------
Yeah! An extra update finally!! And it's actually a decent length. 
As I said in the chapter before,
I have some sad news...
When school starts up, for the first couple weeks, or maybe longer, updates will probably be very inconsistent/no updates, because "school comes first." So, bye!
💖Paige