Before the Reception

America POV
Oh my strawberry tarts, I can't believe I just married Maxon Schreave, the love of my life. I also became the new Queen of Illéa. I don't know how this all really happened, maybe it was fate. I'm positive everyone thinks The Selection is supposed to lead to a happily ever after, but... we have something more than that. Was it fate, destiny or something bigger than anything I know of? "My darling?" Maxon asked, snapping me out of my daydreams.
"Yes, my Royal Husbandness?" I responded with a cheesy grin on my face.
"Are you ready for our reception? And to dance all night?" Maxon quietly asked.
"No," I whined into Maxon's chest, "I want to go to the reception, but I don't want to dance in front of others."
"Don't worry my dear, there will be no cameras, it will just be you and me. Everything will fall away when we slow dance to the music. Okay?" Maxon questioned and asked with his melty brown chocolate eyes.
How could I say no to those eyes, even if he called me 'dear'?
"Okay," I silently whispered as we walked in.
------------------
Thanks for reading! I'm sorry for the short chapter! I hope you liked it. (I'm honestly not even sure if anyone even reads these notes, but I'm still making one!)