Breakfast

I just felt like writing a short chapter... There will be some cute bonus content at the end! Enjoy!
------------------
America POV
I looked around in the cabinets for a pancake griddle. I couldn't find one, so I took a big frying pan, like the one my mom used to teach me to cook with when I was little, so I slid it out of the top cabinet.
Maxon was peeking over my shoulder, nuzzling his face in my neck as I got the stove set up. "I know you like doing that and you know that drives me crazy, so I need you to take a step back, or I'm going to mess up on my famous pancakes." I say jokingly. Maxon instantly backs away, putting his hands up, complete with a look saying, 'I didn't do it! I'm innocent!' I laugh at his attempt to look innocent.
I head over to the fridge and grab a couple of eggs out of the yellow, styrofoam egg carton.  I also grab a bowl of frozen mixed berries out of the drawer in the freezer.  I finish gathering  everything else and mix it together in a bowl.  Finally I pour the mix in a small circle on the pan.  I let it cook for a little bit, then take a spatula, scoop the pancake up and flip it over.  I ended up making about 6 pancakes.  Since I wasn't as hungry, I gave Maxon four and myself two.  Maxon grabbed the maple syrup and we soaked our pancakes in it, like little kids.  We got syrup all over our faces.  "Tff var ha het nakcaces uhuh!" Maxon yelled with a full mouth, while laughing. 
Right before we get cleaned up Maxon starts to kiss me and attempts to kiss me even longer.  "No, no kisses for you," I say as I push my syrup coated hands against his cheeks, pushing him off my lips.  Maxon freezes, his face coated in syrup.  I laugh and go to get myself cleaned up.
Maxon starts, "America, let's go to the..."
******************
America's Famous Mixed Berry Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 cup self-raising flour
1 egg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 2/3 tablespoons butter
About 2/3 cup frozen mixed berries
1 cup maple syrup
Mixed berries, extra, to serve
Instructions:
Mix flour, egg and buttermilk together and set aside for 30 minutes.  Melt half the butter in a non-stick pan, medium heat.  Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake mix in the pan and place some mixed berries in. Cook for 1 minute or pancakes are golden underneath. Flip the pancake over and  cook for 1 minute or until pancakes are golden underneath. Put them to a plate and cover with foil. Repeat until you have no batter and mixed berries left, remembering to grease the pan between each batch.  Drizzle with maple syrup and unfrozen mixed berries.
*******************
I hope you try the pancakes, this is not an original recipe.  I did some research and combined some recipes together and took out certain things to make the pancakes somewhat like America did.  I hope you enjoy this short chapter. I had nothing else to do, so... yeah.  Please counting to vote, comment and follow! Don't forget about the double update on Wednesday, you earned it!
💖Paige