Character Muscles

“Opposition is a natural part of life. Just as we develop our physical muscles through overcoming opposition – such as lifting weights – we develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and adversity.” Sephen R. Covey

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:21

Surmount: “to prevail over” Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I just want everyone who's ever been in a bad situation and could not see an exit in sight, (and that's all of us I think) to think about our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines in harms way, especially those who have been captured by an enemy they do not know, and cannot trust, for the most basic things in life. Right now there are people surmounting obstacles and facing challenges we cannot begin to imagine, simply because they decided to go into the business of defending freedom and justice. When things are hard, let's be thankful for the things we have and know it could be worse. Let's be thankful for the people who work for us. We didn't hire them, and they're not on our payroll, but they're working for us non the less. Let's be thankful for the blessings that seem mostly like everyday rights, like the ones that allow you and I to post and read messages on the internet. Life isn't always good, but it's always what we make of it. Let's do our best to overcome with good and with the Lord's help we will never be overcome by evil.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake