You're Beautiful

“I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistakes, I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way.” Stefani Germanotta (Lady Gaga)

Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to hisfaith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. Romans 12:4-8

Idiomatic: “peculiar to a particular group, individual, or style” Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Do you ever feel you have to fit into a mold to be a contributing part of society? The truth is, we are all unique people with idiomatic ways of doing things, but so many feel they don't fit in because they're somehow different. But why fit in? While it's important to be able to get along with other people, it seems to me fitting in just limits us as humans, it forces us into a mold that may not suit us. In life there are two types of molds we can try to fit into, God's or societies. Helen Keller for example was extremely limited in her physical abilities, but instead of succumbing to life’s challenges and fitting into the mold society would say she fit in, she chose God's mold and set her strengths free to overcome her obstacles and make the world a better place. Like Helen Keller, everyone has strengths and talents, but so many people are using them ineffectively because they're trying to force themselves in a mold they don't belong in. Lets all set our abilities free by breaking out of the prisons we have built for ourselves in the molds society has set up for us, instead choosing the mold that God has set aside for us, thereby realizing our boundless potential. Molds are for objects being shaped, who do you want to be shaped by?

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake