Cross...

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein 

God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.  Galatians 4:4-5

Ethereal:  “of or relating to the heavens : heavenly”  Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Two timbers lashed together.  They form a cross, the tool used to sacrifice our King and Savior.  Although used to execute many, Jesus made it infamous as a symbol to portray His love for us throughout time.  But why a cross?  The point where the beam and the post form a crossing, an intersection, that is what gives the cross its distinct capability to carry out its purpose.  Its purpose to torture, maim, and kill.  But the cross is so much more than the intersection of two pieces of wood.  It’s the intersection of our mortal lives and our everlasting potential.  It forms the point at which we can cross from mere humans to justified, redeemed, and saved souls.  Like every symbol and message He’s given, God’s symbol of our salvation is so much, so much more than merely what meets the eye.  In everything, God provides a message and a lesson.  Finding them can change our lives forever.  The cross and the crossing is the ultimate example.

Daily Journaling Questions:

 1.  How did I help someone in kindness today?

2.  What did I learn today?

3.  What am I thankful for?

4.  Who did I love today?

5.  What am I dreaming for?

6.  What about today do I want to remember forever?

7.  What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake