A Symbol or a Cross?

“I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble.” Helen Keller

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth will draw all unto me. This He said, signifying what death He should die. John 12:32-33

Consummate: “to bring to completion or perfection; fulfill” Dictionary.com

One of the best and most widely known symbols today is the cross. But the cross is not known because of it's shape or it's purpose. And it was not arbitrarily chosen to be the symbol of hope for the Red Cross or the Christian church. The cross as a symbol, is known for what happened upon it. 2000 years ago Christ chose to die on a cross to save humanity from sin. In that act He accomplished what no human could ever fathom. Now whenever a cross is seen, people around the world automatically view it as a symbol of hope and salvation, whether it be on the side of an ambulance, the steeple of a church, or a donation center to alleviate world poverty. It is not a symbol chosen by man, but rather realized. In the symbol of the cross, we can know that Christ consummated our salvation. In the symbol of the cross we have hope and faith in our future. In the symbol of the cross we have the gospel, which is no symbol at all, but a truth that crushes all lies. So when doing God's work, remember, it's not our accomplishments that matter, but Christ's. We only need to lift Him up and what He did will draw unto itself. What He did, changes everything.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming for?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you so much for reading, you mean so much to me.

Jake