28

'Clear to come in?' James asks, standing in the bedroom door frame.

'Yeah I'm fine if you came to check on me' I chuckle lightly.

'Good' He grins, sitting next to me on the bed.

'Are you enjoying LA so far?' I ask, trying to make conversation.

'Yeah I am but I barely spoke to you' He sadly pouts.

'I'm sorry about that, I've not been myself lately and I didn't mean to push you away' I apologise. I feel so bad, James is one of my best friends but I have been speaking to others apart from him.

'No it's not all your fault, I have been quite distant lately too' He sighs, placing his hand on my knee as we turn around to face each other. I hold his hand, furrowing my eyebrows.

'Why what's happening?' I ask.

'I've had a fall out with Joe and I'm scared that it's gonna affect the band' He replies, looking at me so helplessly. It pains me to see my friends so upset.

'What happened between you and Joe?' I question.

'Just a disagreement, don't wanna talk about it but I'm just scared I'm gonna get blamed for ruining the band' His voice stutters. Wow, I've never seen him this worried and upset.

'I'm gonna talk to Joe later right and I'm gonna fix this' I demand.

'No it's fine, I'll fix it. It's my problem, not yours' He sighs, looking down at the floor.

'Your problems are my problems. Sure, you'll talk to him but if there are any other problems, come and talk to me' I give him a hug as we stand up.

'Thank you Aria, I'm always here for you too, don't ever forget it' He kisses my head before exiting the room. I smile to myself, walking to my wardrobe to get ready for the beach today.

/

'You're looking gorgeous today' Connor tells Liv. She giggles, flicking her long wavy blonde hair behind her shoulder. I grin, staring at the ground while holding Brad's hair as we walk along the sea.

'Are you feeling better about yesterday?' Brad asks.

'Yeah' I quickly reply with no emotion.

'I hope so' He murmurs to himself while swinging our arms back and forth.

'Hey guys' Bailey runs towards us, along with Harley. I could feel myself tense up but Brad noticed as he was squeezing my hand.

'We were looking for you, where were you?' I ask.

'Went to a shop to get water' She replies.

'Okay' I bluntly reply, not even looking at Harley.

-

'Atta girl' Brad calls out to me as I take off my top and shorts, leaving my bikini on as I'm going for a swim.

'Oh stop it' I blush, flicking my hair behind my shoulders, imitating Liv. She rolls her eyes at me, who also takes her shorts and top off, revealing her black and pink polka dots bikini. We both race to the sea and I get in first.

'You always beat me at running, it's not fair' Liv laughs.

• BRAD'S POV •

'What are you staring at?' I snap at Harley as I catch him staring at Aria.

'Nothing. Your girlfriend is really pretty, that's all' He replies, smirking. I scowl at him, trying to brush him off.

'Yeah she's gorgeous but unfortunately for you, she's MY girlfriend. Don't stare at her' I harshly speak.