Chapter 23

Bailey’s POV:

I ran as fast as I could, ignoring my name being called by Cameron.

I could hear someone following, but didn't bother to look.

However, that person caught up to me.

I stopped running when he stood in front of me and held the side of my arms.

“Why’d you leave?” Tyler asks me.

“I needed fresh air.” I lie to him. Well sort of, I needed air because I couldn’t stand being in that room with Cameron and Rosie.

“Okay.” I can’t tell if he believed my lie or just said that to change the subject. “There’s a park a couple houses down if you want to get some fresh air over there.” He says and I laugh with him.

“Sure.” I agree and we start walking.

We walk in silence but it’s not awkward silence thank God.

Tyler and I finally approach the park. There’s a playground, a swing set, and a two benches.

“Do you want to swing?” Tyler asks me.

“I’d love to.” I reply and we walk towards the swing set. There are only two swings and I sit on the right one. Tyler sits on the left.

“What kind of music do you listen to?” He asks me breaking the silence.

“I don’t have any favorites.”

“Well you’ll have to come over when there aren’t over fifty people here and I’ll show you some music I listen to.”

“I’d like that.”

“You can come over tomorrow if you want. My parents won’t be home though. So if they need to be there we can do it another time.” I look at him and meet his blue eyes.

“I'm sure it’ll be fine.” I say and smile at him. “Can I have your number?”

“Woah, the girl making the first move!” He says and laughs.

“I meant like so you can give me more detail about it you dork!” I yell at him feeling embarrassed.

“I'm joking! Can I see your phone?”

“Yeah.” I say and hand him my phone.

He hands it back to me, “Now you have my number.” He says.

“Thanks. I’ll be sure to text you so you can have it.”

“Good.”

My phone buzzed and I looked at it.

Toby: Hey we’re about to leave. Meet at the truck.

I text him back saying “okay”.

“Well we should get back, Toby says we’re leaving.”

“Okay.”

We get up and start walking back. Right now we we’re walking in the grass until I trip over something. I let out a little scream as I fall.

“Are you okay!?” Tyler asks worried.

“Yeah I think.” I say as I roll onto my back and sit up. “I guess that’s what I get for walking in the dark, especially after I've had a few drinks.”

“I thought you were a little drunk.” We both laugh. “Here” He says and puts one arm under my knees and one around my waist.

“Woah.” I say and laugh. “I could’ve walked!”

“As you wish.” He says and puts me back on my feet. I start walking and fall back down. “I think you sprained your ankle.”

“Probably. Do you wanna carry me again?” I ask while smiling at him.

“Hmmm, I don’t know. You made me put you down the first time so I don’t want this to be an on and off again thing.” He laughs.

“Not funny. Now can you please carry me! My ass is freezing!”

“Maybe you should wear more clothes then!” He says while taking his black blazer off and putting it on my shoulders. His jacket smells really good. He picks me up like before.

“I've been told that. At least it goes down to my mid thigh. I probably should’ve worn tights and a jean jacket. I'm still not use to the weather here. At night its cold and during the day it’s hot, well unless you’re in the shade.”

“Yeah, it’s weird.” He says and laughs. “You know for carrying you, I should get an award.” He says and smirks.

“What kind of an award?” I ask smiling back at him.

“A kiss.”

“And where would that kiss be?” I ask smiling at him.

“On the lips.”  He says still smirking.

“Hmm, I think one on the cheek will be good for now.” I say and he playfully huffs.

“Fine, I guess.” I peck is cheek and his smile grows big.

We finally come in view of the house and see Cameron and Toby talking to Brandon and Noah.

“Are you okay!?” Toby yells and all eyes are on Tyler and me.

“Yeah, she tripped on a stick when we were at the park.” He informs them. “I think she sprained it.”

“I’ll take her.” Toby says and takes me out of Tyler’s arms. Wow these boys are strong. “Wow, you’re really light.” He says and laughs.

“What you thought I was fat!?” I playfully yell at him.

“No! Of course not! You’re really skinny but thought you’d be not as light.” Toby explains quickly.

“She had a lot to drink. Don’t mind her.” Tyler tells him.

“Hey dipshit, I'm fine!” All the boys break out into laughter. I think the alcohol fully kicked in.

Toby sets me inside the truck in the middle and shuts the door. Chloe later joins me and she’s drunker than I am.

I watch out the window and see Cameron and Toby hugging the boy’s good bye.

“You look funny!” Chloe shouts at me.

“You look funnier!” I shout back.

“Not as bad as you! You, you, you, you fucker!” She yells at me while laughing. All I can do is laugh at her calling me a “fucker”.

“Who you calling a fucker you fucker!”

“Dipshit.’’ Now we’re just laughing and calling each other names.

“Ya fucktard.” Right when she said that Cameron got into the driver’s seat and gave us weird looks.

“What you looking at shit face!?” Chloe yells at him and all I can do is burst out laughing.

Toby opens the passenger door and tells Chloe to get out. She doesn’t question him and slide out. Toby slides in and Chloe gets back in and sits on his lap.

Cameron starts the truck and drives off.

Throughout the whole ride he doesn’t look at me.

(Sorry if you don't like Tyler. He will go away eventually I promise!

Please vote and comment!

& Follow my instagram @mattsbootie)