Chapter 59

(There's a lot of point of view changes so PAY CLOSE ATTENTION!!)

Bailey's POV:

Once we got home from the airport it was about one in the morning. I didn't bother unpacking my bag, just getting into pajamas and into bed.

I stayed up tossing and turning for two hours thinking, stressing, and wondering.

What's wrong with Cameron?

I have an idea of what it could be, but I don't want to say it. Because then it'll be real. I don't want it to be. I want him to be healthy and happy.

Finally, I got out of bed and went through the bathroom,  through the closet and into Cameron's room.

From the moonlight coming through Cameron's curtains over his windows, I could make out where Cameron's body was.

I lift the comforter and sheet and slide into bed with him. "Couldn't sleep?"

"No, you?"

"Nope." I lay my head on Cameron's chest and lay my arm on his stomach. Cameron wraps his arm around me and pulls me up a little so he could kiss the top of my head.

"Do you think I'll be okay?" he asks in a low voice.

"I think so."

I didn't want to be a downer or anything. I want to stay positive about this. We don't even know what is actually wrong with him. For all we know it could just be a stomach bug.

Cameron had a doctor's appointment in the morning at nine. "We should probably go to sleep."

"Yeah," Cameron agreed.

I lay my head back on Cameron's bare chest and listen to his heart beat as I slowly fall asleep.

***

Before we got to the hospital,  we dropped Zach and Hayley off at their grandma and grandpa's house.

"We'll go check Cameron in, you guys can sit over there," Jessica said and pointed to the waiting area.

We waited about fifteen minutes before they called Cameron back. Jessica and Jeff went back with him, leaving Toby and I. Toby got up from his seat and sat next to me and grabbed my hand.

We sat in silence,  besides hearing other patients, people or workers talk

***

Cameron's POV:

"Hi Cameron, how are you doing today?" The older male doctor asked me.

"Fine, just a little tired," I say, then add on, "but I also didn't go to bed till around like three in the morning."

"Why's that?" The doctor questions me.

"Just thinking, and we got home around one."

"Hmm. Well we've already gotten your height and weight done. You've lost a little bit of weight since your last check up."

"I haven't been hungry lately."

"Hmm. What else has not been feeling well?"

"I've been having fevers and bloody noses."

"Okay, well we're going to a blood test on you. After we'll give you some crackers, a cookie, and water."

"Yummy." I smile and laugh.

***

Bailey's POV:

Toby and I stand when we see Jessica, Jeff, and Cameron walk out of the doors.

Ever since we left Hawaii,  Jessica has had a look of worry on her face. Bags and dark circles under her eyes.

"So?" Toby asks as they get closer.

"The took some of his blood to do some tests on. So now we wait," Jeff said.

Cameron comes over to me and hugs me. I gladly wrap my arms around his torso.

***

Cameron's POV:

"Mr. and Mrs. Dallas." We all look up see the doctor that had taken me back.

"The blood test is done. We'd like you three to come back with me, please."

As we walk back into the room I started out in, the nerves kick in.

I'm terrified,  but then there's a part of me, telling me I'm going to be okay.

"So how did the blood work go?" My dad quickly asks.

By the look on the doctor's face I can tell it's not good new. I bite the inside of my cheek to prevent myself from crying.

"I'm sorry to say, Cameron you have leukemia."

(Well its 1 in the morning and I'm crying. For those of you saying me giving him cancer is ruining the book, I personally don't think it is cause this is how I want the story to go. Cause I feel like at the beginning of the story I didn't really have a "story" going so yeah. Lol and for those new readers complaining about my short chapters. Basically all my chapters are short so...idc. thats how I want it to be.

But thank you for 700+ votes on my last chapter!  See its not that hard!

So I'm gonna do 800 votes for the next chapter!

I know I said I was gonna end this in like May, yeah obvi that didn't happen lol.

But I promise I will have a cute ending!

Please follow my instagram @mattsbootie and read my new book The Awakening!  It's Jack Gilinsky its a vampire book :)

I love you guys ♥)