Chapter 21

Bailey’s POV:

Noah sits down next to me on the log.

“Aren’t you cold?”I ask him.

“Kind of, but I have more clothes on than you do, so you need the jacket.” He says and we both laugh.

“Shut up.” I laugh again and shoulder him lightly.

“Hey, I can take the jacket back.” He jokes.

“Okay, okay I'm sorry.”

“You know you and Brianna are cute. I see the way she looks at you.” I tell Noah.

“Really? Are you sure?” He asks, I can tell he’s blushing.

“Yes, how long have you known each other?” I ask him.

“Since seventh grade, so like about five years. We’re really close.”

"How do you feel about her?"

"I mean like, uhm. She's-uh." He looks away trying to find his words. "I think I like her. Whenever I'm around her I'm happy. I'm myself. She's herself. You know that feeling in your stomach? Like for you, when you're around a boy and they touch you by like the arm or cheek, or if they say something really sweet, you get like a funny feeling in your stomach, the butterflies in your stomach."

So that's what it is! Do I like Cameron? 

"I mean unless you don't like boys and go for girls."

I laugh before answering, "I am completely attracted to guys! I promise!"

"Okay." he says and laughs. "Have you gotten butterflies in your stomach for anyone yet?"

"Only two guys. But I'm not sure about them."

"Who?"

"Tyler and Cameron. "

"Awe." he says and nudges my arm.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Tyler and Cameron look at you the same way too." he tells me.

"So how'd you get to this fabulous state?" he asks me. And here we go again.

"I lived in a very bad foster home and I just had to leave them. Cameron talked to me on the bus and offered for me to stay with him and then he talked to his parents and they said I can stay for a while."

“That’s nice of them. If you ever need anywhere to stay just let me know. I’d be more than happy to have you stay over. I have a younger sister, she’s sixteen. I'm sure she’d be happy to have another girl around the house.”

“Thanks. Tyler offered for me to stay at his house too. But if I can’t ill be sure to go to your house. Where ever that is.” I say and laugh.

“You’ll have to come over sometime. And I have a big pool! There’s a slide and like a cave thingy. It’s really cool.”

“Sounds fun, we’ll have to plan for that.”

“Can I see that?” he asks pointing to my phone.

“Sure.” I say and hand it to him.

A minute later he hands it back to me, “Now you have my number if you need anything.” He says and smiles.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.”

“So how many parties does he usually have?”

“Almost every weekend. His parents are rarely home.”

“Jeez. How does he manage to get all the alcohol?”